5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New truck question. Speaker noise when first open door normal?

allharley

Reaction score
Let me know what they say about the speaker pop, believe all of them do it w the HK 19 Speaker system. Its annoying and definitely not right. I forgot to ask them about popping when i was at dealer last week. They updated the BCM and one more item, not in front of me now.

As far as fuel mileage goes, should get better once broken in. Mine

Your mileage seems normal for a Rebel.

If that's normal for a Rebel then the window sticker should reflect that. Too late after you purchase. The MPG isn't even close to the sticker.

Raymann69

Reaction score
Picked up my 2022 RAM Rebel right before Christmas. I noticed this bass pop in the speakers every time the doors are opend or closed. Even when I push the accessories button. It's not real loud but it is really annoying, since I know this is not normal for any vehicle. Makes me think there is a short and my truck may go up in Flames one day in my garage.
I also have an issue when filling with gas. It fills to 7/8 of a tank and acts as if it is full. Come to find out if I sit at the pump and keep pumping and stopping until the foam reteats down the filler tube, I can get another 6 or so gallons in it. Only then will it read full.
It's going back to the dealership for a new filler tube and to have the speaker noise looked at.
In addition, we took the truck for a 75 mile ride the other day on all interstate. Had cruise control on 90% of the time at between 60 and 70 mph. We only got 16.3 mpg. Not even close to its rating. I get about 13 in the city.

Over $60,000 for a truck, this is ********!
I have a new 2022 BH 5.7 e-torque that I picked up 3 weeks ago and I have the same speaker pop issues, no matter what's going on the pop happens even when I open the small glove compartment, seems like everywhere power is feed with the engine-off. Open doors etc. Also I noticed that when I fill up the tank it never reading full on the gauge, i'm starting to think this purchase was a bad idea. All these problems on a new high priced vehicle is disappointing.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a new 2022 BH 5.7 e-torque that I picked up 3 weeks ago and I have the same speaker pop issues, no matter what's going on the pop happens even when I open the small glove compartment, seems like everywhere power is feed with the engine-off. Open doors etc. Also I noticed that when I fill up the tank it never reading full on the gauge, i'm starting to think this purchase was a bad idea. All these problems on a new high priced vehicle is disappointing.
Really? "All these problems"? The speaker pop is 100% normal, and happens on all of our trucks. So you really only have a fuel gauge that doesn't register completely full. Yep, you've got yourself a lemon. Send it back.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really? "All these problems"? The speaker pop is 100% normal, and happens on all of our trucks. So you really only have a fuel gauge that doesn't register completely full. Yep, you've got yourself a lemon. Send it back.
My speaker doesn't pop.
My son's 2022 Big Horn speaker doesn't pop.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My speaker doesn't pop.
My son's 2022 Big Horn speaker doesn't pop.
Sigh…ok, fine. It’s perfectly normal, it happens on a lot of trucks. Happy?
Both this forum and the TRX forum have plenty of people saying that it happens on their trucks.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Never heard speaker pop on mine. Is this only with certain stereos? I have the Alpine.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think it’s probably time for people to start posting audio clips of what they’re talking about.
What I *think* people are talking about only happens the moment that the instrument cluster lights up after the truck has been asleep (indicating that the bus is now awake).
I’ll get a video of this happening tomorrow or Friday, but I would describe the sound as the thud you would hear when you put the needle on a record at low volume, and the ensuing, very brief, hiss. It’s not very loud at all, and if you’re not paying attention for it, you probably wouldn’t even notice it.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think it’s probably time for people to start posting audio clips of what they’re talking about.
What I *think* people are talking about only happens the moment that the instrument cluster lights up after the truck has been asleep (indicating that the bus is now awake).
I’ll get a video of this happening tomorrow or Friday, but I would describe the sound as the thud you would hear when you put the needle on a record at low volume, and the ensuing, very brief, hiss. It’s not very loud at all, and if you’re not paying attention for it, you probably wouldn’t even notice it.
Putting a needle on a record describes it perfectly.
There may not be many people that know that sound nowadays…

tech97elec

Reaction score
Never heard speaker pop on mine. Is this only with certain stereos? I have the Alpine.
I have the HK and pops all the time. Annoying, but ive gotten used to it. I certainly wouldnt return my truck though, lol.

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
wait, so your saying my new truck will have a vinyl player in it?? now im really excited. has anyone located said record player yet?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
yup that is it!

Svbergeron

Reaction score
Hey guys. Finally got my new truck little over a week ago. Pretty happy with it so far but noticed one minor thing. When first opening the door I hear a little crackle or pop in the speaker system. Kind of like clicking on when the computer and dash wake up. Doesn’t do it if the dash and stuff is already lit up and opening the doors.
Is this normal and just part of the system waking up or something I should be having the dealer look into?
2022 Ram 2500 Big Horn - Mine pops when i open the doors.

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
I've got a 2021 Rebel, and I've not heard that noise. I hear a bunch of other stuff, but not that one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread