5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Truck Quality Issues - How Picky Should I Be?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It doesn't matter whether u buy a Ford, Chevy, Ram, Toyota, or Nissan. They all got issues. They all usually get 2 or 3 stars out of 5 for reliability. I blame all the computer crap in these things now days for a lot of the issues. Way too much technology. Glad I bought a BH for $40,000 & not a tech heavy trim. I could've bought 2 trucks for what u paid for 1 Rebel !! Drive that p.o.s. with the windows down & the radio cranked up & be grateful if it starts & gets u to your destination. They are all made like **** now days. Once I get out of construction I will either ride a bicycle or buy a 15 yr old Honda Civic to get me from point A to B. Your $80,000 u spent means absolutely NOTHING to the suit & ties who run the dealership or Stellantis !! Sorry to be so harsh, but it's true.

I disagree. Overall, cars and trucks are much more reliable than they have ever been. Computer glitches are more prevalent, but rarely does a computer issue leave you stranded.

After 11 months of driving my Laramie, there's no way I'll ever go back to driving the stripped down econoboxes I used to buy. I absolutely enjoy driving my truck and the technology is a big part of that.

Last edited:

BigD

Reaction score
I disagree. Overall, cars and trucks are much more reliable than than they have ever been. Computer glitches are more prevalent, but rarely does a computer issue leave you stranded.

After 11 months of driving my Laramie, there's no way I'll ever go back to driving the stripped down econoboxes I used to buy. I absolutely enjoy driving my truck and the technology is a big part of that.
I'd ride a pedal bike everywhere if I could. Vehicles are huge money pits. Hard to ride a bike when it's -20 below in the winter & a foot of snow. Plus unless u work close to home or in the city it'd be tough. I just would like to own a vehicle that wasn't a p.o.s. for once. Plus riding a bike you'd stay in good shape. If u look at other countries like S.E. Asia for example, they ride pedal bikes or motor scooters. Barely any cars.

bab0821

Reaction score
I picked mine up last week and have a whistle as well. Putting it on recirc makes it worse. Drives me insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read through all of these and the one that fixed for me was removing your a pillar plastic on Inside, there's two 10mm bolts you take out and then it just kind of slides out. Literally the fix via tsb on here I found was to push shop towels or rags in the corner toward windshield..I jammed about 3-4 rags in there and drove it around...it worked. Quality on these trucks is pretty bad, not dealerships fault the factory needs to do a better job. Dealerships though seem really uneducated about so many problems many of us are having, I mean...the deal I read through on here was 41 pages long lol. They use just butyl sealant at edges of a pillar, if you pop either side off you will probably see a lot of little pockets in the corner toward front windshield and pillar, that's prob where the air is coming in. Now on mine I can't tell difference really cycling heat or air on- off or using the re circulate, I did to passenger side only so far. Could spend more time and try dealing with cue tip or something applying the sealant and having a proper fix but the rags are doing job for now lol on a new truck! I really would like that sealant handled via dealer hence being brand new and having warranty but I have not gotten much help for anything yet. Good luck

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd ride a pedal bike everywhere if I could. Vehicles are huge money pits. Hard to ride a bike when it's -20 below in the winter & a foot of snow. Plus unless u work close to home or in the city it'd be tough. I just would like to own a vehicle that wasn't a p.o.s. for once. Plus riding a bike you'd stay in good shape. If u look at other countries like S.E. Asia for example, they ride pedal bikes or motor scooters. Barely any cars.
I've been to Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Philippines, and Thailand. Lots of cars. Lots of traffic.

Going to Japan and Korea soon. I can't wait! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online