5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Truck Pulling....

wirles

Reaction score
I dropped my truck off today at the dealer to have a couple minor cosmetic things I found from shipping. When I picked my truck and headed out, driving straight seemed to have my steering wheel pointed at about 10 or 11 o'clock. I went back and the GM came out and drove and agreed it was pulling hard and said lets get the alignment done and i agreed. The dealership has been great and always takes good care of me. My question is any idea what could have caused such a change. I was wondering if the air ride could cause any of that say if one wheel was at a different height or something?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck when I first picked it up had some air suspension things do weird stuff and the Steering wheel would just slightly "stick" on non sharp left turns. Dealer done "adaptive reset" on air suspension and all issues are gone!

wirles

Reaction score
Any ideas on why it would be fine, and then all of a sudden be out of alignment? It was fine when i dropped it off, seemed fine as I was headed out and then I pulled out of the back of the dealer (which has a steep hill) and noticed it was off as I drove off. Just want make sure nothing safety related could be the issue or another system such as the lane keep assist or parking function.

Last edited:

wirles

Reaction score
So the dealer did an alignment and the wheel is really close to what i would say is level. When using the top of the airbag and aligning it with the odometer, the left side of the air bag/horn is slightly higher than the right. I drove two other new vehicles on the lot and one is worse than mine (it was a limited as well) and one was a 2wd Tradesman. The tradesman was about like mine most of the time. My question, is the instrument cluster slightly crooked by design and is everyone else experiencing the slightly off "looking" steering wheel? I would have said nope, but after driving 2 more with the same look, i am wondering.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You really can't use anything on the dash to determine if the steering wheel is straight. Depending on how you sit, you can visually change how things line up. If you really want to determine if the wheel is straight, take a piece of masking tape and wrap it about the top center of the steering wheel and then find the actual center by measuring along the diameter from equal points on each side, divide total distance by 2 and mark the steering wheel. Hopefully you guessed right and you are putting the mark on the masking tape. Now go drive it and check the mark when you are going straight. It should be straight up if the tech has any skill that aligned it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread