5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Truck Owner Here

meltedcheez

Reaction score
Hello All,
Hailing from southern California. Been wanting a truck for a while now and after the wife totaled the Prius I decided to move up from my Hyundai Sonata hybrid to the new 2019 Ram 1500 and give her my car (she actually agreed to the idea!). Couldn't be happier with the purchase! Looking forward to doing some mods in the future after my bank account replenishes a little.

Have the Bighorn 4x4, Off-road Package, Tow package, 5.7 HEMI (non-e torque), 3.92, Maximum Steel Metallic.

So far no issues except for the glove compartment light staying on. :confused: Haven't taken it back to the dealer tho because its forty minutes away.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
That's a big jump from the Sonata to the RAM 1500 haha. I had a 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid - loved that car, first gen of that hybrid technology too.

meltedcheez

Reaction score
That's a big jump from the Sonata to the RAM 1500 haha. I had a 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid - loved that car, first gen of that hybrid technology too.

Definitely! Mine was the 2012 and a great car too, she and I have been through a lot. I just had to get past the initial shock at the pump, but all of that is near gone now. I have had it for 2 months and you can't get me out of it. Love it!

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haven't quite gotten my truck yet, but hopefully soon....

As far as the light for the glove box, there are a couple of threads on here and it seems it is part of the accent lighting and not the glove box itself... (but I could be wrong)

Last edited:

meltedcheez

Reaction score
Haven't quite gotten my truck yet, but hopefully soon....

As far as the light for the glove box, there are a couple of threads on here and it seems it is part of the accent lighting and the glove box itself... (but I could be wrong)

Thanks! I did a quick search and guess it has been a problem for others as well. I just don't want to drive the 40 miles to the dealer I bought it from to check it out.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! I did a quick search and guess it has been a problem for others as well. I just don't want to drive the 40 miles to the dealer I bought it from to check it out.
Bring it to any FCA dealership. Any FCA dealer can work on warranty work. You dont have to go to the dealer you bought it form unless you have nothing closer to you.

meltedcheez

Reaction score
Bring it to any FCA dealership. Any FCA dealer can work on warranty work. You dont have to go to the dealer you bought it form unless you have nothing closer to you.

Did not know that. Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online