5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New truck owner, any must do’s?

qhayes87

Reaction score
Hello just bought a 2019 ram 1500 and was wondering what I should watch out for, or anything I should change up. Also it’s my first truck and I’m coming from a Subaru

Attachments

• 61020F7D-D674-4217-B3E4-8A6B7D40E920.jpeg
    61020F7D-D674-4217-B3E4-8A6B7D40E920.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 63

Florida Truck

Reaction score
Welcome, watch out for cracks in your rear window frame on either side of the center sliding window

coolidge

Reaction score
Door dings in parking lots, choose your parking spot wisely.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Door dings in parking lots, choose your parking spot wisely.
I used to wonder why I saw trucks parked at the back of parking lots away from everyone else (mostly backed in)

I no longer wonder...

Reverse

Reaction score
The A-pillar on the driver's side hides a lot of your view, especially when turning left - be aware and look around the pillar through the driver's side door window. I learned that the hard way when I first started driving a truck. This applies to all trucks BTW, not just the RAM

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never let your wife drive it. You will not get it back.
Never let a buddy borrow it. It won't come back the same way it was when you lent it to him.
Never ignore maintaining your Ram and ensure oil changes are done every 5,000 miles.
The oil change meter and the fuel economy meter are not you friends.
Change the transmission fluid every 50,000 miles...don't buy into the "it's good for the lifetime of the vehicle" line from FCA.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Keep your eye out for a leaky third brake light along with cracks around the frame of the rear window.

If you want to tumble down the modification rabbit hole, start with a Hellwig rear sway bar for improved handling. Be careful as it can become an addiction lol

rbundy84

Reaction score
Keep your eye out for a leaky third brake light along with cracks around the frame of the rear window.

If you want to tumble down the modification rabbit hole, start with a Hellwig rear sway bar for improved handling. Be careful as it can become an addiction lol
What does the Hellwig sway bar cost for install/part and what is the benefit for having this installed?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What does the Hellwig sway bar cost for install/part and what is the benefit for having this installed?
Improves your ride on turns and such.
FYI

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Besides rear window surround cracking and third brake light leaking, the 2019s had a lot of recalls so make sure to get those done.

Also check the AC with a thermometer. If above 45 deg get the TSB to fix it if you want or need better AC. But beware they tear out the dash in the repair and if they don't do it right there can be other problems that develop (squeaks, rattles, scratches).

qhayes87

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the tips. I will keep an eye out for the window seal cracks and AC. Now the decision is to keep the chrome or change it up 🧐lol

Users who are viewing this thread