5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New truck from MA

kjk05006

Reaction score
Happy thanksgiving everyone! Not new to the forum but finally picked up my new truck Tuesday. Love it so far. I do have a couple of questions I hope everyone can help answer.

1. My nav system will not find any addresses. It just keeps saying searching offline and then no results. I activated the truck out of dealer mode when I got it. My xm works fine. Any thoughts on how to fix?

2. Occasionally when driving I feel a revving sensation in the gas pedal. Seems to be with a gear shift. Not sure if this is just how etorque feels sometimes.

3. I feel like this truck is louder inside than those that I test drove. This is with the sunroof shade open or closed. I particularly notice a lot of road noise in the passenger rear. Maybe I’m just expecting more than reality. It has been months since I test drove.

Attachments

• 39394694-11BA-4CF9-A68B-E4DBE53060C6.jpeg
    39394694-11BA-4CF9-A68B-E4DBE53060C6.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 16

tomglandry

Reaction score
Happy thanksgiving everyone! Not new to the forum but finally picked up my new truck Tuesday. Love it so far. I do have a couple of questions I hope everyone can help answer.

1. My nav system will not find any addresses. It just keeps saying searching offline and then no results. I activated the truck out of dealer mode when I got it. My xm works fine. Any thoughts on how to fix?

2. Occasionally when driving I feel a revving sensation in the gas pedal. Seems to be with a gear shift. Not sure if this is just how etorque feels sometimes.

3. I feel like this truck is louder inside than those that I test drove. This is with the sunroof shade open or closed. I particularly notice a lot of road noise in the passenger rear. Maybe I’m just expecting more than reality. It has been months since I test drove.
Mine also seems to have more road noise than it should. very quiet on blacktop but noisy on concrete. seems to be coming from rear of cab. have you had this checked?

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice looking truck neighbor! Hope you figure out those little problems. My Nav doesn’t search very well either, but sometimes it works.

Maple

Reaction score
Since you have a panoramic sunroof, you should check your grommets - might not be sealed correctly letting in some noise - even if that's not the source of the noise, you should still check.
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/faq-sunroof-drains.4338/#post-62066

kjk05006

Reaction score
Since you have a panoramic sunroof, you should check your grommets - might not be sealed correctly letting in some noise - even if that's not the source of the noise, you should still check.
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/faq-sunroof-drains.4338/#post-62066

Thanks I will look into that.

Nice looking truck neighbor! Hope you figure out those little problems. My Nav doesn’t search very well either, but sometimes it works.

In terms of the Nav. I have figured out that I have to search by city or zip first and then put address. It was only searching "around me". Works much better after I figured this out.

By searching this forum, I've narrowed down the noise/rev I'm feeling to when eco mode activates. It seems that some people notice it and some do not. I haven't seen any fixes however.

Overall, loving the truck though.

Users who are viewing this thread