5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New truck fit and finish

GMetal

Reaction score
What's your experience with fit and finish? My truck driver side has great fit but the passenger side door isn't as aligned as well as the driver side. The tailgate also isn't exactly flush on one side. I noticed a small weld imperfection on the roof rail. The driver roof rail channel is wider than the passenger side. I had to re adjust the hood bumpers to get the hood aligned with the fenders. I also noticed the bed side had some type of redo at the factory since the paint doesn't match and there is mottling of the metallic paint. Yes I'm picky about how things fit. I will correct my truck. How does your truck fit? Is my truck a result of being made at 12AM on a Friday?

OutlawHemi22

Reaction score
What's your experience with fit and finish? My truck driver side has great fit but the passenger side door isn't as aligned as well as the driver side. The tailgate also isn't exactly flush on one side. I noticed a small weld imperfection on the roof rail. The driver roof rail channel is wider than the passenger side. I had to re adjust the hood bumpers to get the hood aligned with the fenders. I also noticed the bed side had some type of redo at the factory since the paint doesn't match and there is mottling of the metallic paint. Yes I'm picky about how things fit. I will correct my truck. How does your truck fit? Is my truck a result of being made at 12AM on a Friday?
What does 12am on a Friday mean?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My driver's side door wasn't flush with the panels at the bottom when shut. I had found a few threads about others with same issue where it was a door strike adjustment on the B-pillar. Took it to dealer and they tried adjusting it by tweaking the door itself pulling out on top and pushing on bottom. Said they didn't want to push it any further than they did or the paint would crack. It's slightly better than it was, but still not perfect. I also had a run in the factory paint on passenger side rocker panel just behind front fender. Dealer body shop wet seanded it smooth. Other than that, I haven't really noticed anything else out of whack.

GMetal

Reaction score
My driver's side door wasn't flush with the panels at the bottom when shut. I had found a few threads about others with same issue where it was a door strike adjustment on the B-pillar. Took it to dealer and they tried adjusting it by tweaking the door itself pulling out on top and pushing on bottom. Said they didn't want to push it any further than they did or the paint would crack. It's slightly better than it was, but still not perfect. I also had a run in the factory paint on passenger side rocker panel just behind front fender. Dealer body shop wet seanded it smooth. Other than that, I haven't really noticed anything else out of whack.
My passenger side is like that. Front door rear bottom edge sticks out at least an 1/8" beyond the rear door front edge.

Users who are viewing this thread