5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Truck Day

RunsWithBeer

Reaction score
Hello to all!
Picked up a new Built to Serve Quad-Cab, Longhorn edition in Patriotic blue this weekend.

The last truck I owned was a Banks Power modified, 2005 F250 Powerstroke that I towed a camper with for 5 years. Now a decade without a truck. I went from the F250 into a heavily modified Wrangler that I wheeled for a few years until my old back and neck said "time to get into something smoother". I sold my Wrangler to Carmax (got $3500 more than the Ram dealer offered for the trade), and picked up my first Ram. Sweet ride, classy interior, terrible air-con.

Looking forward to finding another camper to pull.

I'm amazed how smooth these new trucks ride. The F250 would beat the crap out of me if I wasn't hauling a load, but the Ram is smoooth.

The Built to Serve edition was exactly the "blacked out" look I was hoping to find. I'd like to have bought a Rebel but putting two kids through college doesn't allow for that kind of scratch at this point.

Now if I can figure out how to put some dried ice in the vents to cool it down in this North Carolina 90+ degree days I'll be even happier. My 8 year old, beat up Wrangler blew cold enough to turn my hands blue.

Nice info in the forum here.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow we are twins as I am also putting two kids through college, but am always on the lookout to add more vehicles.

TheMopars

Reaction score
Now if I can figure out how to put some dried ice in the vents to cool it down in this North Carolina 90+ degree days I'll be even happier. My 8 year old, beat up Wrangler blew cold enough to turn my hands blue.

Check out the A/C Hack thread. I don't need it here in SoCal but a lot ( seems mostly in the South ) swear by it.

Congrats on the truck and 2 in college.

RunsWithBeer

Reaction score
Check out the A/C Hack thread. I don't need it here in SoCal but a lot ( seems mostly in the South ) swear by it.

Congrats on the truck and 2 in college.
Thanks for that link. Pinching off a heater hose huh?

And kids "in college" is a bit of a euphemism these days since their classes are "remote". Funny how the college thinks that should cost the same.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"Runs with beer" is like "runs with scissors." Both can cause disastrous results! :D

Users who are viewing this thread