5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to this forum

Triton63

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to this forum but not new to forums. I've been watching here for new ecodiesel news and to see how everyone likes their 5th gens. I will probably end up buying one when my truck is said and done.

I drive a 2014 Ram 1500 crew cab 4x4 hemi with 8 speed trans. It has been a great truck and is almost to 100,000 miles, it had 55,000 when I bought it. I plan to drive it to 150,000 or so before upgrading. I love the idea of the ecodiesel but not the engine failures so hoping the refresh does them well.

Attachments

• 20190325_175530.jpg
    20190325_175530.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 13

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Perfectly pleased with my 5th Gens! My brother and I (we own a company) both have the Laramie Crew 4x4 and just got our survey crew a Rebel.

I’m pushing 13,000 trouble-free miles, only going in for pedal recall and oil change. AC could be colder though. :)

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Perfectly pleased with my 5th Gens! My brother and I (we own a company) both have the Laramie Crew 4x4 and just got our survey crew a Rebel.

I’m pushing 13,000 trouble-free miles, only going in for pedal recall and oil change. AC could be colder though. :)
Well, this will get your AC cold for now. Great trucks! (at your own risk if you decide to do it and also don't cut your heater hoses so you can return to totally stock if needed)
IMG_3083.jpg

Last edited:

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Triton63,

If you are waiting as noted above, then word of experience (myself of course), don't go sit in a new 2019!!!! Don't do it until you are ready as you noted above.

Now, that was me approx 7 months ago LMAO!!! Loving every minute I get into my 2019 Bighorn!!!!

If you do go look early, check out this thread on MSRP'S that other members are providing info on their truck sales. Right now some very good incentives at some dealerships based on 15-25% off of MSRP before incentives. You may want to go to the last few pages of this thread (its over 150 pages long) and read up on them to find the best deals right now with those reported 15-25% off MSRP deals.

Good luck and happy RAM2019-20 hunting!!!!

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, this will get your AC cold for now. Great trucks! (at your own risk if you decide to do it)
View attachment 27529
Thanks for this! I’ll show this to my bro, I bet he’s willing to do it. He’s out in the field more than I am, and it’s so hot and humid here in summer. (If he succeeds on his truck, I’ll let him do mine!)

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for this! I’ll show this to my bro, I bet he’s willing to do it. He’s out in the field more than I am, and it’s so hot and humid here in summer. (If he succeeds on his truck, I’ll let him do mine!)
Sure! You are probably seeing 50-58 degree on driver center vent and 46-48 on passenger center vent, depending on ambient outside temp. Reducing/bypassing heater core flow will get the vents to somewhere around 42-44 range. Some other members put Harbor Freight coolant clamps on or use a single valve.

Triton63

Reaction score
Haha I already made that mistake. Theres a bighorn sport in silver I've sat in 3 times now at the dealer by my house. I'm holding out as long as I can due to paying for a wedding. By the time that's payed for hopefully they'll have some ecodiesel's out and about!

If it's any consolation the air in my 2014 works but definately isnt the coldest a/c I've ever felt. Interesting fix

Users who are viewing this thread