5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the Ram Crew - 2021 Storm trooper

Mattypants

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just rejoined the truck scene. Previously had a 2014 Ford f150 FX4, super crew/6.5ft bed, then switched gears and got an Audi S4. I've satisfied the need for speed, and have really been missing my truck, so I shopped the market and found the perfect truck.

Here is my new 2021 Big Horn, fresh off the lot.
Has the 5.7l eTorque V8, 12 inch screen, and night edition package to add a few.

3.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg

I've been eyeing the 5th gens since they came out, and I couldn't be happier with the new purchase! It's such a smooth and comfortable ride, I honestly can't get over it.

My only disappointment is that very few trucks come with any sort of drop in bed protector, just another dealership scam if you ask me. The exhaust is a little too quite for me as well.

I don't want anything crazy loud but a little more rumble would be nice. I did some research and found the MBRP Muffler replacement for $270 seemed like a nice starting option, so I bought one of those, should be ready to install tomorrow.

My only question for the community is if the Dual Liner Bed liner is a good investment. The reviews are very positive, just wondering if there are any better alternatives. I don't want a spray in liner as I don't want the coarse and abrasive texture.

Looking forward to being a part of the new Ram community!
Matt

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
Nice truck, congrats. Best mod you can do for your exhaust is have a shop cut the muffler out and put in a straight pipe. I know, you're thinking it'll make it sound like a 1987 Chevrolet redneck piece of crap. It sounds surprisingly good. Leave the resonators on and you won't have any rasp or drone.

Mchurch52

Reaction score
Nice truck. I had the Dual Liner in my last truck and thought it was great. Looks better than the average drop in, better fit and and the rubber bed mat provides great protection.

Jeeper

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just rejoined the truck scene. Previously had a 2014 Ford f150 FX4, super crew/6.5ft bed, then switched gears and got an Audi S4. I've satisfied the need for speed, and have really been missing my truck, so I shopped the market and found the perfect truck.

Here is my new 2021 Big Horn, fresh off the lot.
Has the 5.7l eTorque V8, 12 inch screen, and night edition package to add a few.

View attachment 90526
View attachment 90527
View attachment 90528
View attachment 90529

I've been eyeing the 5th gens since they came out, and I couldn't be happier with the new purchase! It's such a smooth and comfortable ride, I honestly can't get over it.

My only disappointment is that very few trucks come with any sort of drop in bed protector, just another dealership scam if you ask me. The exhaust is a little too quite for me as well.

I don't want anything crazy loud but a little more rumble would be nice. I did some research and found the MBRP Muffler replacement for $270 seemed like a nice starting option, so I bought one of those, should be ready to install tomorrow.

My only question for the community is if the Dual Liner Bed liner is a good investment. The reviews are very positive, just wondering if there are any better alternatives. I don't want a spray in liner as I don't want the coarse and abrasive texture.

Looking forward to being a part of the new Ram community!
Matt
sweet ride! I felt my 2021 Rebel needed a better sound as well. Installed the Solo Performance MR300 cut and clamp kit. Super impressed....just the way the truck should have sounded from the factory imo

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Nova90

Reaction score
Congratulations. I have a Darth Vader truck on order. Your Lord is coming soon :p

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice truck. FWIW I have an MBRP on mine and I couldn't be happier with it.

Users who are viewing this thread