5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to The Forum

WhosJax

Reaction score
Looking to order a 1500 Big Horn. Not real sure on the 4 corner air suspension and U connect 5 Nav 12.0 touch screen. Any thoughts? Thanks Jax

Lacky

Reaction score
I came from a 4th gen ram with factory air. In extreme winter weather the compressor wouldn't kick in and pump air into the bags. When I got up to highway speeds the truck goes into "aero mode" and lowers the ride. But wouldn't pump back up.

I just got rid of it and now have 2022 bighorn backcountry with factory off road package that gives an addition 1" lift over stock.

WhosJax

Reaction score
Lacky, yeah..I agree! just get the truck lifted and leave the air bags off. Thanks!!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to order a 1500 Big Horn. Not real sure on the 4 corner air suspension and U connect 5 Nav 12.0 touch screen. Any thoughts? Thanks Jax
I've got the AS, the Off Road Group, the UConnect 4C 12" (mine's a 2019), and much more. I'd get them again. No issues, aside from a few minor UConnect tweaks back in late '18 to early '19.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about the new UC5(Will know soon when I'll get my new truck..........) but I upgraded my 19 from 8.4 nav to 12" and I LOVED IT! Never caused me any trouble...

WhosJax

Reaction score
Welcome... have both options you asked about and love them, good luck!
Thanks, that is one heck of a build! I guess it all comes down to how much you want to spend on a truck...I will have to do some sort of a payment. Trying to keep it reasonable.

WhosJax

Reaction score
I've got the AS, the Off Road Group, the UConnect 4C 12" (mine's a 2019), and much more. I'd get them again. No issues, aside from a few minor UConnect tweaks back in late '18 to early '19.
Thanks, looks like I will go for the 12" screen. Not sold on the Air Bags though...

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome!

My air suspension has been working flawlessly. Had a couple of sub-zero nights (with wind chill, actual temps in single digits) that I went out in, dropped down to Aero and went back up to Normal several time with no problems. Not sure if time will cause issues but I've heard they hold up pretty well, especially on the 2019 (5th gen) models, which seem to have an improved system over previous gens.

12-inch with U5 has been great too, but I did have some issues with some settings not sticking/saving. My surround sound setting reverts from on to off every so often, no idea what causes it, and I did have one crash/restart (not while driving). But at this point, I had already had 3 crashes and several other glitches in my JGC's UC4 system so it seems to be more stable overall.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome!

My air suspension has been working flawlessly. Had a couple of sub-zero nights (with wind chill, actual temps in single digits) that I went out in, dropped down to Aero and went back up to Normal several time with no problems. Not sure if time will cause issues but I've heard they hold up pretty well, especially on the 2021 models (there's some conjecture out there that they improved the system somehow with that year moving forward, not confirmed).
They improved it with the 5th gens (starting with 2019 models). Haven't heard of any further changes, but I could be wrong.

WhosJax

Reaction score
Welcome!

My air suspension has been working flawlessly. Had a couple of sub-zero nights (with wind chill, actual temps in single digits) that I went out in, dropped down to Aero and went back up to Normal several time with no problems. Not sure if time will cause issues but I've heard they hold up pretty well, especially on the 2019 (5th gen) models, which seem to have an improved system over previous gens.

12-inch with U5 has been great too, but I did have some issues with some settings not sticking/saving. My surround sound setting reverts from on to off every so often, no idea what causes it, and I did have one crash/restart (not while driving). But at this point, I had already had 3 crashes and several other glitches in my JGC's UC4 system so it seems to be more stable overall.
Thanks! I'm going with the 12" U connect 5NAV. So, air bags are out. I will post my build on a separate post...still working on it. Thanks again! Jax

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! Can't speak on bags but I love the 12" screen. I have come across quite a few posts with people running into problems with them, but I personally have not had any issues with mine. Looking forward to seeing your truck and build!

Grimgreg

Reaction score
When I went to order mine, I was teetering on the air suspension, as it was an expensive add on (already at $60k with other adds), the salesman quips, "even more expensive to fix", yep regular springs are fine for me, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread