5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the forum ! My 2020 Laramie 1500 granite crystal night edition and mods !

RomansRam

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m pretty new here and I just did some light mods just give it that oem plus look.
Mods are as follows:
AFE intake
Window tints to match rear.
2 inch lowering springs in the rear.
wheel spacers 1.50 inch
Oem lug nuts powder coated black.
billet technologies oil catch can.
bumper plugs matched to granite crystal

I have pics on the phone but I will take some more with my canon when I get a chance!! Let me know what you guys think !! F67956E7-9506-4B7A-B1E2-161B67FF3E75.jpeg FDCFF63E-795A-42EB-9E6A-860E911D64E7.jpeg 7CC9618D-7CFF-4F2F-9E5B-2C6271B8E971.jpeg 8C219D4D-B7DE-4B25-99E7-0A3F3D89CC43.jpeg

jsampsell

Reaction score
Nice! I love my granite crystal metallic Laramie. I ended up blacking out all of the emblems so I've got a pseudo night edition. Night edition didn't exist when I bought mine so I did the next best thing. I do like the black sport wheels against the GCM color and darker headlights and tail lights but that is a bit more than I want to put into the truck at the moment. I might consider it if I were to ever run across someone who for some reason wanted to do a swap for my sport wheels. The good thing about mine are that they are GCM as well so I really don't mind them.

I do have a few questions about your wheel spacers. There are threads here that talk about them but there doesn't seem to be a definite answer from what I can tell. And, since you basically have the exact same truck that I do and have done exactly what I want to do, I hope that you don't mind me asking you about them.
  1. Did you do 1.5" all on both the front and rear? Someone posted that you had to do 1.5" in the front and 1" in the rear to get them to be even. The post didn't really explain why.
  2. Also, did you have to trim any studs?
  3. What brand did you go with? There is a good bit of opinion on quality between brands - you get what you pay for kind of stuff.

RomansRam

Reaction score
Nice! I love my granite crystal metallic Laramie. I ended up blacking out all of the emblems so I've got a pseudo night edition. Night edition didn't exist when I bought mine so I did the next best thing. I do like the black sport wheels against the GCM color and darker headlights and tail lights but that is a bit more than I want to put into the truck at the moment. I might consider it if I were to ever run across someone who for some reason wanted to do a swap for my sport wheels. The good thing about mine are that they are GCM as well so I really don't mind them.

I do have a few questions about your wheel spacers. There are threads here that talk about them but there doesn't seem to be a definite answer from what I can tell. And, since you basically have the exact same truck that I do and have done exactly what I want to do, I hope that you don't mind me asking you about them.
  1. Did you do 1.5" all on both the front and rear? Someone posted that you had to do 1.5" in the front and 1" in the rear to get them to be even. The post didn't really explain why.
  2. Also, did you have to trim any studs?
  3. What brand did you go with? There is a good bit of opinion on quality between brands - you get what you pay for kind of stuff.
Sorry for the late response !! I went with the bora wheel spaces they cost about $300 and they were made to order. I will say they are a high quality part I had my reservations on them but after doing some reading I decided to give it a shot. I did do the 1.50 all around it brought the wheels out to the fender and I’m glad I went that route I originally ordered 1.75 and had a change of heart. There was no cutting involved it was a direct bolt on. Hope this helped !!

YellowSled

Reaction score
I will be doing the same thing to mine when i get back statelside. 1.5 inch spacers, 2inch drop in rear, catch can, black lugs, K&N intake drop in, and im adding a borla muffler. Right now wife is just collecting parts in the garge for me. :) Love the night edition.

RomansRam

Reaction score
I will be doing the same thing to mine when i get back statelside. 1.5 inch spacers, 2inch drop in rear, catch can, black lugs, K&N intake drop in, and im adding a borla muffler. Right now wife is just collecting parts in the garge for me. :) Love the night edition.
Nice !!! I just added the flowmaster FX muffler its perfect for me !

Users who are viewing this thread