5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the forum, in AZ!

bjohnstone

Reaction score
Hello, I'm driving a 2021 Classic 5.7 SLT 4x4 with 66k miles. Just looking for some guidance on what seems to be a cooling issue while towing. I've seen a thread or two about normal operating temps which mine seems to be within however, when towing my camper (5000lbs fully loaded) the coolant temp climbs very quick to 245-250 and gives me the warning (at which point i pull over) even at 3k RPM and 40 mph. It cools back down relatively quickly however I feel like something is wrong as even at lower speeds while climbing and towing the temp never maintains it just keeps climbing to the point of having to stop. Trans temp never gets above 185 and oil temps are slitghly higher than the coolant. Outside temps here in northern AZ are 90-100 right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread