5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Ram, F150 Conversion

ssick92

Reaction score
Hey all,

My name is John and just signed my life away for a new 2020 1500 Big Horn 4x4 a couple days ago. I came from a 2016 F150 and must say that I love the interiors of these trucks. They just seem a lot more polished than the Fords do. Anyway, I'm in Orange County, CA and figured I would introduce myself here, not sure if there is anyone else local to Southern CA on here. I'll try to get some pictures of the truck up a little later but it is a Grey "Night Edition" which I love.

Any advice for the first couple things to do to these trucks? My first mods are going to be to remove the air dam, hardwire in my V1 radar detector, and window tint. Eventually will throw on a level/lift and probably pick up some weathertech's but that's about all I have planned as of right now.

Skater

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Opened ended question like that will likely garner great suggestions from the folks in here. There are a lot of folks in here with really cool mods on their Rams. There is even a thread for top three favorite mods. Search for that thread and you will get a plethora of good ideas for your first few upgrades. Check out the thread of What Did You Do To Your Ram Today too. Good stuff in that thread.

Last edited:

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A lot of guys weren't too pleased with the weather tech fit in the rams. I have the husky Xact countout mats and they are nice. They are a thick flexible rubber and fit great.

ssick92

Reaction score
A lot of guys weren't too pleased with the weather tech fit in the rams. I have the husky Xact countout mats and they are nice. They are a thick flexible rubber and fit great.

Thanks for that note, I'll take a look at the Husky's too. I know I did the same comparison in my last truck and ended up going Weathertechs but it really all comes down to which one fits better. Do you have any issues accessing your rear storage boxes with the Husky's or is it flexible enough to bend it up out of the way to open the boxes?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Three things I suggest right away are, Hellwig rear sway bar, Mopar bed step, and a Borla muffler. :)

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are super flexible. Very easy to access. They are more rubber than plastic and am very happy with them. They aren't slippery like the WT when wet too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online