5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New-To-Me Truck with aftermarket wheels/shocks/tires

Reaction score
Hello! New owner of a 2019 Ram 1500, and have some questions about wheels/tires/suspension...

The previous owner (bought from a Dealer) installed Fox 2.0 Performance Series shocks both front and rear (I'm assuming the springs are stock?).
It's running Yokohama Geolandar X-AT LT285/75R18 on Helo 18" wheels. The tire pressure was set at about 48psi front and rear.

Is there a rule of thumb or way to calculate the best air pressure for light/zero load when driving around town? The door panel sticker calls for 36psi cold, but obviously that's with OEM wheels/tires.
And I'm assuming if I'm towing I'd want to increase the pressure for the additional load?

Trucks in general are new to me, so any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2300.jpeg
    IMG_2300.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 68

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good! I’ve got those same tires in 295/70R18.

48 psi sounds high to me. You can search the forum (and elsewhere) for chalk test as a way of dialing in tire pressure.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello! New owner of a 2019 Ram 1500, and have some questions about wheels/tires/suspension...

The previous owner (bought from a Dealer) installed Fox 2.0 Performance Series shocks both front and rear (I'm assuming the springs are stock?).
It's running Yokohama Geolandar X-AT LT285/75R18 on Helo 18" wheels. The tire pressure was set at about 48psi front and rear.

Is there a rule of thumb or way to calculate the best air pressure for light/zero load when driving around town? The door panel sticker calls for 36psi cold, but obviously that's with OEM wheels/tires.
And I'm assuming if I'm towing I'd want to increase the pressure for the additional load?

Trucks in general are new to me, so any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Fox shocks are probably the Mopar kit. As for tire pressure, as mentioned, the chalk test is a good way.

Users who are viewing this thread