5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New (to me) electrical hiccup

Bigbags85

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had some weird electrical things in the first two years of ownership but this just happened to me 2 days ago and I was wondering if anyone has seen this. I parked at the hotel we were staying at and turned the truck off. Got out of the truck and shut the door and got the 3 beeps from the horn as if the engine was still running. I looked at the cluster and it said the key fob has left the vehicle. I got back in and started it up, shut it off, and it went back to normal.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've had some weird electrical things in the first two years of ownership but this just happened to me 2 days ago and I was wondering if anyone has seen this. I parked at the hotel we were staying at and turned the truck off. Got out of the truck and shut the door and got the 3 beeps from the horn as if the engine was still running. I looked at the cluster and it said the key fob has left the vehicle. I got back in and started it up, shut it off, and it went back to normal.

The 3 beeps means the FOB was still in the vehicle when you tried to lock the doors or it detected that. Could have just got confused. Has it been raining a lot?

Bigbags85

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 3 beeps means the FOB was still in the vehicle when you tried to lock the doors or it detected that. Could have just got confused. Has it been raining a lot?
No not really raining more than usual, it was just odd. Keys were definitely in my pocket. I had another instance about a year and a half ago where the radio actually stayed on when I turned the truck off and restarting and shutting it off again didn't fix it. I just walked away and came back ten minutes later and luckily it had shut off haha.

Users who are viewing this thread