5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to me CPO 1500 issues, what could it be?

yieldcurvewatcher

Reaction score
Hello all,

New here. I’ve owned several Rams with no (major) issues, but a week after purchasing CPO Ram 1500 Limited. I got a check engine light and truck started throwing every warning at me (service shifter, 4wd unavailable, service each safety group item, etc.) While driving RPM kept dropping and truck barely made it home before I had it towed to the local dealer. Huge PITA, but luckily I’m covered under the CPO 3m/3k mile max care limited warranty. The dealer gave me a copy of scan, but won’t be able to diag until Friday. Guess I’m out of a ride for now. Any ideas what it could be? The previous repairs warning is a bit concerning.

Attachments

• IMG_7968.jpeg
    IMG_7968.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7969.jpeg
    IMG_7969.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7962.jpeg
    IMG_7962.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7966.jpeg
    IMG_7966.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7963.jpeg
    IMG_7963.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7967.jpeg
    IMG_7967.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7965.jpeg
    IMG_7965.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7964.jpeg
    IMG_7964.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 30

yieldcurvewatcher

Reaction score
You're a week in? I'd be trying hard to undo the deal. Makes you wonder if the previous owner just traded it in vs dealing with the issues / repairs.
This was my first thought. Unfortunately, the Ram dealer I bought from only accepts returns withing 48 hours and doesnt seem willing to help. They wouldnt even cover a courtesy tow (considering I just bought from them) to have it looked at. I have it at another dealer local to me (bought it an hour away) because at this point I dont trust the place I bought it to remedy. I have asked the salesperson for a copy of the Mopar Inspection, which they must have completed (even if pencil whipped) to slap the CPO on. The previous owner is actually the finance manager, so I just don't see a positive outcome in dealing with them. I can complain to corporate, etc. but I don't see any legal recourse / leverage to get them to take the tuck back. My plan for now is to get whatever this issue is resolved, and purchase the a longer-term maxcare plan while im still in my 3m/3k just in case.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep my monies on the batteries taken a dump. I wouldn’t be second guessing your decision just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online