5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Gen 5

Ziggy20

Reaction score
Hello All!

I just traded in my 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie on a brand new 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie. WOW oh WOW. I loved my old truck. Even with 125,000 miles, drove great and limited issues with it other than regularly scheduled maintenance stuff. I could have happily driven it for another 100,000 miles or so I thought....

I recently took a new job which requires more travel by car so the wife & I decided it was probably better to get current especially with the safety innovations, apple play, etc. But this thing drives like a dream. Basically floating on a cloud. I do love that even with all the new bells & whistles; it still has many of the classic Ram stuff (like the buttons for volume and radio under the steering wheel, the 8.4 computer is similar to my wife's old 2013 journey). The 8 speed transmission feels really different as well I'm trying to get use to the regeneration braking. But overall it's a great rig.

This is my 4th Ram 1500 (2006 Laramie, 2012 Long Horn, 2012 Laramie & now this one) and the first time I actually stepped out from my normal Mineral Gray color. I found one that had the features I wanted (and then some), in my price range but with the Patriot Blue / Gray two tone. My wife wasn't sure I'd like it but I think it makes it look old school. What can I say, I'm an old soul.

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this board. I've been lurking for the last 3 weeks as trying to dial in decision. The wealth of information on this board is outstanding. Glad to be part of the fam. We are located in Central Florida.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations. These are great trucks!

Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a moment. This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your vehicle.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thats called “steppin out” in a big (comfort) way! Glad that you like it!

So since you are a very experienced RAM 1500 owner you have a lot of perspective. Maybe make a list of the improvements that you feel were made as opposed to say the car magazine editors...

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online