5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to forum/trucks. Need Help with parts/lift.

Gnix

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I am from Canada and I recently traded in my 2019 Honda Odyssey for a brand new 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L V8 Etorque NON-ORP. I know nothing about trucks and mods whatsoever since I've always been a SUV/Van driver.
It have been a month since I got my truck and I have been reading 99.99% of the posts! Love this forum and its very helpful for new truck owners!!

Recent replaced/upgraded:
Borla Atak Catback Exhaust
AFE Magnum Force Stage 2 Air Intake
20x10 -18 Vision / 33x12.50r20 Fuel gripper
3x Grill Lights in front
Ceramic tint front windows / Rear Bed Step

I am currently experiencing tire rub on full turn and I have read/researched 5th Gen Ram for some advices.
Conclusion: Bilstein 5100 All Around with front on circlip 5 for ~2" lift. Need 2" UCAs and Rear ORP spring coils for ~1" lift. I am trying to keep a 1-1.5" rake for towing my boat.
The Mopar parts/PNs still confuses me but I have ended up with these part numbers.

UCA: 68323531AA - 68323530AA
Rear ORP Coils : 68262686AB OR 68262684AB (Not sure if it has Left/Right side, but I did found that the 684AB is for trucks with rambox)

Can anyone please confirm if these are the right parts that will fit my truck? ...and do I need new Stabilizer Bar links for a low lift?

Thank you all in advance!

Attachments

• trck1.jpg
    trck1.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 27
  • trck.jpg
    trck.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 28
  • trck2.jpg
    trck2.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Without factory orp, If you’re looking for cheap then you can use top hat spacers. Otherwise bilsteens or other lift struts work well. If you have orp then you’ll definitely need UCAs.if you don’t you’ll only need them if you go extreme off-road driving.

Not sure about the rake. Hopefully someone will chime in

Gnix

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion.

I’ve found most using Motofab 1” but it’s not available in Canada lol. I don’t know which top hat to get. Any recommendation?

No ORP package. And I don’t do off road. Just towing a 17ft boat.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Id stick with the Bilstiens for the front level to get the added benefit of proper struts for the lift. If you go with the ORP springs then get the shocks as well. They are different.

Gnix

Reaction score
Thanks. I have ordered 5100 all around. Clip 5 stated to be around 2” lift. I’ve also placed the mopar UCA since they are cheap. Just wanting something that can lift the rear for a inch for towing. I’ve read all of the post but not sure which. 684AB is fairly cheap at 46$ CAD. Giving it a try. :)

Btw May I ask you how much did you actually get on clip 6? (Saw your signature for clip6)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. I have ordered 5100 all around. Clip 5 stated to be around 2” lift. I’ve also placed the mopar UCA since they are cheap. Just wanting something that can lift the rear for a inch for towing. I’ve read all of the post but not sure which. 684AB is fairly cheap at 46$ CAD. Giving it a try. :)

Btw May I ask you how much did you actually get on clip 6? (Saw your signature for clip6)
Well, mine is a little different because I went to clip 6 to compensate for the extra sag the heavier front bumper caused.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ah!! but it clears your 35” tires tho right? Doing all this just to prevent the rub lol kinda regret not going 35” (if it doesn’t rub!)
I have slight rub at full lock. Doesn't bother me too much. If so didn't have the Husky mud flaps it wouldn't rub

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t stand the rub even tho it’s only a full turn. But yeah. Thought about clip 6 too. prob gives me 2.5” front and if ORP spring gives me 1. It’ll be pretty sweet too!
If you go to clip 6, you will need more than 1" lift on rear.

Littlejoe81

Reaction score
Just found these two members builds on the site today, Check out these two members! Biggiehorn and JerryBsizzle thread, start from page one, its addicting! Now I want a lift!

Doc33

Reaction score
I can’t stand the rub even tho it’s only a full turn. But yeah. Thought about clip 6 too. prob gives me 2.5” front and if ORP spring gives me 1. It’ll be pretty sweet too!
Fellow Canadian, I have Bilstein on the front set at #5 and ORP springs in the back. I'm using 34 inch tires and have no rub whatsoever so I'm sure you will be fine with 33 inch

Gnix

Reaction score
Just found these two members builds on the site today, Check out these two members! Biggiehorn and JerryBsizzle thread, start from page one, its addicting! Now I want a lift!

Its nice. I have everything up like him except a lift right now! Lol

Gnix

Reaction score
Fellow Canadian, I have Bilstein on the front set at #5 and ORP springs in the back. I'm using 34 inch tires and have no rub whatsoever so I'm sure you will be fine with 33 inch
Hey fellow Canadian :)
I appreciate your reply. This really helps me alot! Just hoping I have the right ORP for rear now

Users who are viewing this thread