5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to forum and looking at EcoDiesel, how is yours fairing?

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually not true. Is all thru gps on the truck. It calibrates it automatically. I used a gps app on my iPhone when I first did the tires and the Speedo was off. Truck calibrated itself actually thru it’s satalite gps. iPhone and speedo are exactly the same now.
Ya I don't think it calibrated itself. There's tons of guys here with lifts and bigger tires and have had to adjust their speedos.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ha

Ha. 110km/hr. It’s a rebel so with the front bumper being so high with the 6 inch lift on 35’s isn’t helping. It hardly has enough power/torque to keep it in 8th gear. Probably 1/2 the problem. It will be in 7th a lot of the time. I don’t buy a truck for fuel economy anyhoo. Just going back to my def usage post I think is way too high. Wasn’t concerned about my fuel mileage
But it's proportional to your fuel mileage. My truck never shifts out of 8th. So you're obviously really working the truck to have such poor fuel economy and def usage. Or there is an issue

jasnak

Reaction score
Ya I don't think it calibrated itself. There's tons of guys here with lifts and bigger tires and have had to adjust their speedos.
The 12 screen does it automatically. I believe the smaller on does not and needs a programmer

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tire size will need to be adjusted using something like alfaobd to correct the speedo.

I am surprised your mileage is that bad. When towing my 17ft enclosed trailer I still manage 15-17L/100km

Rebel_driver

Reaction score
My fuel average is 11L/100km mixed driving and def is 1L/400km.
I won’t be adding so much def on the next fill up, I will keep it at around half, to avoid freezing.
My Rebel has the 98L tank and gets around 800km before fuelling so adding a 4L jug on every second fill is a good guideline.
I keep a sticky note on the box of def to keep track of the ratio.

I don’t know if you are helping the issue with your approach. Theoretically, by always having the DEF tank half full, it will allow for a lot more condensation every time you encounter that cold warm cycle. Since you are also carrying a lesser volume of DEF, that dilution is greater compared to if the DEF tank was full. Don’t know if that makes any sense but I am actually trying to do the complete opposite, keep the DEF tank always topped up to full. I’m also in Canada btw.
I think of it like storing a motorcycle for the winter. Top up the tank full to minimize condensation and dilution.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 12 screen does it automatically. I believe the smaller on does not and needs a programmer
no it does not. it will however pull speed off of apps running over carplay or android auto and only when they are in use.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My fuel average is 11L/100km mixed driving and def is 1L/400km.
I won’t be adding so much def on the next fill up, I will keep it at around half, to avoid freezing.
My Rebel has the 98L tank and gets around 800km before fuelling so adding a 4L jug on every second fill is a good guideline.
I keep a sticky note on the box of def to keep track of the ratio.
It's not a big deal if it freezes. It has a heater.

Airstray

Reaction score
Owned a 2015 Laramie 1500 eco diesel w/ all the bells and whistles. Traded for a 2020 Laramie 1500 eco diesel only because mpg is much better. Love them both. If only I could purchase an inexpensive 12.1 u-connect w/ navigation. I really like the Panasonic upgrade but not available in the US. Anyone know of a cheaper unit? $4,000 is outrageous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online