5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Etorque

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
9000 miles ago I traded in my 2019 etroque to a 2022 etorque. Driving is completely different. There is the etorque brake but, like others it is slow to get going!!! You either have to drive it full throttle or be patient for the truck to respond. I've tried resetting my Shifting points, but i can't handle 13mpg cause I am driving it like i stole the thing. Is there any way to recalibrate it to the 2019 version???? When driving slow, its bad enough I get honked at when I drive it slow and easy going.... My brother noticed the same thing, I convinced him to come over from a Ford and now he is wishing he stayed with the Ford.
Exactly this...the get going is sluggish. I wouldn't get crazy and say I wish I had a Ford and coming from a rebel low mpg doesn't scare me. Lol! But let's get this rolling!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve had Stop/Start turned off for most of the time I owned my truck. Enabled again for a few days with an open mind and still absolutely hate Auto Stop. Waiting for it to get going while feathering the throttle is so frustrating. Give it too much gas from a stop and the delay then sudden lurch ahead is ridiculous. Almost makes it un-drivable and doesn’t suit my driving style at all. I just hate the feel of it from a dead stop to moderate acceleration. Not sure why they had to mess with it on later models. Sounds like it was a decent system previously.

Ulster

Reaction score
I have noticed an underwhelming start under full throttle in my 2023 Rebel as well. Does great once rolling.

Dewey

Reaction score
I have noticed an underwhelming start under full throttle in my 2023 Rebel as well. Does great once rolling.
Most of that is the horrendous electronic throttle lag. Even a Pedal Commander won’t fix that. Mine is much better than new but still leaves a lot to be desired.

Jamesontf

Reaction score
You guys are helping me remain a contented owner of a 2019.
as long as you can drive it to a point where when you slow down the truck shifts down to 2nd gear, you are good. You just have to be aggressive.... or super slow and be ok being one way or the other.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ve had Stop/Start turned off for most of the time I owned my truck. Enabled again for a few days with an open mind and still absolutely hate Auto Stop. Waiting for it to get going while feathering the throttle is so frustrating. Give it too much gas from a stop and the delay then sudden lurch ahead is ridiculous. Almost makes it un-drivable and doesn’t suit my driving style at all. I just hate the feel of it from a dead stop to moderate acceleration. Not sure why they had to mess with it on later models. Sounds like it was a decent system previously.
Did you get the eTorque software update?
That stopped the jerking forward motion for me on auto start\stop

Dewey

Reaction score
Did you get the eTorque software update?
That stopped the jerking forward motion for me on auto start\stop
Wasn’t aware there was one since last summer. I’ll ask about it when I go in for my recalls.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ETorque drives just like any other vehicle. You might feel some differences when braking or decelerating, but accelerating should be the same.
I never really feel any difference on braking with it, but I did feel difference with it on braking with a heavy trailer in tow, at times I felt like I had better acceleration or take off power from a dead dig at first as well. Compared to the 2014 Which had no E Torque.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
You guys are really making me feel good about ordering my 2022 Rebel without the eTorque while you could still have the option. I read up quite a bit on eTorque before ordering, but once I found out that non-eTorque doesn’t have auto stop/start, that sold me. I’d love to slap the engineer who ever came up with the ridiculous idea of stop/start technology (if you can even call it technology).

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You guys are really making me feel good about ordering my 2022 Rebel without the eTorque while you could still have the option. I read up quite a bit on eTorque before ordering, but once I found out that non-eTorque doesn’t have auto stop/start, that sold me. I’d love to slap the engineer who ever came up with the ridiculous idea of stop/start technology (if you can even call it technology).
I mean in theory it sounds good.
Practice? Not so much.
"Don't use gas while sitting at red lights! By the time you remove your foot from the break your truck is running and ready to go with an electric assist!"
It's a political thing and epa fuel number problem imo.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stay with your 2019. 2022 & up Ram 1500 etorque is wonky. I wish that I still had my 2019.
I can't tell any difference from 2019 I had to 2023 now with etorque none at all, but I have not pulled a heavy trailer yet but really don't expect any difference when I do. Both are very good trucks. I do miss 2nd seat warmers in the 2023. I dont really get what is "Wonkey" about them?...lol.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its standard in the 23's and going forward. The 22 was the last year to get a HEMI without etorque.

The V6 has had it already for a number of years.

I have a 2020 and don't like the et. The regen braking feeling sucks. I was going to maybe get a 2024 but not now without regular hemi as an option. If the hurricane doesn't come without et as an option I will be looking at chevy with their new v8.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

I have a 2020 and don't like the et. The regen braking feeling sucks. I was going to maybe get a 2024 but not now without regular hemi as an option. If the hurricane doesn't come without et as an option I will be looking at chevy with their new v8.
Chevy has a new V8? New and improved AFM/DFM?

Houstontiger

Reaction score
I can't tell any difference from 2019 I had to 2023 now with etorque none at all, but I have not pulled a heavy trailer yet but really don't expect any difference when I do. Both are very good trucks. I do miss 2nd seat warmers in the 2023. I dont really get what is "Wonkey" about them?...lol.
My 2019 was a non etorque hemi. It did feel a lot smoother than my 2022 etorque

Houstontiger

Reaction score
I will also be looking at either the hurricane or another brand

Users who are viewing this thread