5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW TIRE SPEEDO CALIBRATION?

chad202

Reaction score
Just order mine from Rough Country. Soooo, if I take my truck in for anything I should return to stock?

Cyler

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Pulsar for this? I figured if the Pulsar does a good job with this then it's probably worth it to get the added features of it.

nicodywill

Reaction score
If using the pulsar, you had better remove it before taking it into the dealership.
If using the Rough Country unit, you do NOT need to remove it or change ANYTHING at all when taking it into the dealership.

chad202

Reaction score
I ordered the speed calibrator feom
Rough country. I’m interested in the pulsar but just not now. I have e-torque. Some say it works with it and some say it doesn’t. I’ll just hold out another year or so to make sure all bugs are worked out.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered the speed calibrator feom
Rough country. I’m interested in the pulsar but just not now. I have e-torque. Some say it works with it and some say it doesn’t. I’ll just hold out another year or so to make sure all bugs are worked out.
The Pulsar works fine with E-Torque. There's a ton of misinformation on here. Hard to know by reading. Some may not like the sensitive throttle mapping which makes start/stop a lively event if you jump on it hard from a dead stop. Takes a little getting used to but the enhanced torque and 25hp is nice. I did some 0-60 test and the power increase is legit. 0.3 sec improvement. That equates to about 25hp.

chad202

Reaction score
my tires are 32.7. I ended up with 32 in the calibrator and it’s pretty close. Hard to tell due to fluctuations in phone gps readings.

chad202

Reaction score
I ended up lowering it another .25. I'm at 31.75 for 32.7 tires and it's spot on.

BlckDT

Reaction score
If using the pulsar, you had better remove it before taking it into the dealership.
If using the Rough Country unit, you do NOT need to remove it or change ANYTHING at all when taking it into the dealership.

Rought Country unit just delivered today. Will be recal tonight :) Thanks for this info as I was on the fence to switch out..... I'm not looking to tune, just adjust to my new tire size.

WARamDom

Reaction score
Just calibrated my cooper at3 xlt 35/12.5 r20 the discount tire website said the tires height was 34.65in, but the speedo was off. I decided to measure from the road to the center of the hub and multiply by 2 to enter the height. It worked like a charm. My psi is at 35psi cold.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^yep, You’re supposed to use the physical tire height once it’s on the vehicle, not the advertised tire height. If your 35” nitto measures out to 34.4” on the truck (which it will), you use that number. So bust out the tape measure....

jdangel2

Reaction score
^yep, You’re supposed to use the physical tire height once it’s on the vehicle, not the advertised tire height. If your 35” nitto measures out to 34.4” on the truck (which it will), you use that number. So bust out the tape measure....

Not necessarily. I have 35x12.5 KO2s that measure 34.4” and I had to choose 33.25” on RC speedo calibrator for the speed to be accurate.

Bearman95

Reaction score
Not necessarily. I have 35x12.5 KO2s that measure 34.4” and I had to choose 33.25” on RC speedo calibrator for the speed to be accurate.
I have 33 inch tires and I had to use 33.37 on a taser DT for it to be accurate! I checked the accuracy with three different sources!

XmikeX

Reaction score
I've searched and have found two different models that supposedly work with my year and truck. RC website has the tool for $219 while I have found one on amazon for $159. Ill be upgrading my tire size soon and my stock digital speedo is off from my actual speedo and want to recalibrate to try and fix both issues.

Users who are viewing this thread