5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Tire recommendations

Reaction score
Hey everyone, need some good advice on tires. I have a 2022 4x4 Ram 1500 and went to my tire guy for a larger profile tire to fill some of the gap in the wheel well. I’m currently looking at AT tires but am worried about the noise as I’m on the freeway 90% of the time. However, I love the look of AT tires and only doing it for aesthetics. I do tow a boat on weekends but don’t go off roading at all and mostly just drive on the highway. About 40k miles per year. Also don’t want to spend an arm and a leg. What do you suggest? Stock tire is a P265/70/R17 and looking to put 285/70/R17. Please help!!!!

TampaLaramie

Reaction score
I would suggest Cooper. They do what they need to do and I’ve heard nothing bad about them.

As far as sizes, there has to be 10-20 different threads about sizing and rubbing. If you search keywords like “rubbing” “largest” they will come up and you can see what’s been tried and tested.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Cooper is a good tire. I’ve run them before.

Some of us went with 275/60r20 which is a 33 inch tire. No level kit required and fill the wheel well a little better.

Since you have 17 inch rims not sure what exact size would be.

I have venom Tera hunter XTs. Cheaper than most ATs. They are great but they are a bit noisy. I don’t mind it tho. no regrets.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey everyone, need some good advice on tires. I have a 2022 4x4 Ram 1500 and went to my tire guy for a larger profile tire to fill some of the gap in the wheel well. I’m currently looking at AT tires but am worried about the noise as I’m on the freeway 90% of the time. However, I love the look of AT tires and only doing it for aesthetics. I do tow a boat on weekends but don’t go off roading at all and mostly just drive on the highway. About 40k miles per year. Also don’t want to spend an arm and a leg. What do you suggest? Stock tire is a P265/70/R17 and looking to put 285/70/R17. Please help!!!!
I thought the smallest wheel that came on a Ram was 18". Have your wheels and tires been changed already?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, 17” come stock on the Classics.
I guess you can still get tire recommendations here, but you'd be better off on a 4th gen forum as that is what you have. I'm running the Radar Renegade AT-Pro on my truck in 35x12.50/20. Not sure what they offer in 17s but I am happy with them and they are on the cheaper end compared to other tires

Reaction score
Forgot to mention I don’t want to spend a lot of dough as I go through tires pretty quickly. Driving 45k miles a year on the highway.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention I don’t want to spend a lot of dough as I go through tires pretty quickly. Driving 45k miles a year on the highway.
I've also used Mastercraft before. They are good tires and are cheaper.

Here's some tires from Simple tire
1699627214421.png
Here are the Venoms

1699627298448.png

Davidbt

Reaction score
I bought the Cooper Dicoverer At3 XLT's for pulling our travel trailer and doing some easy desert roads. Did 3,500 mile trip to Mississippi and back and they were awesome in some rain we got in Louisiana. IMG_20231025_144805_831.jpg

chewmeista

Reaction score
Just put the pepboys starfire solarus on my 20" wheels and they run great. With the coupon they have I paid $560 out the door for everything including mounting and balancing.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just put the pepboys starfire solarus on my 20" wheels and they run great. With the coupon they have I paid $560 out the door for everything including mounting and balancing.
Wow that’s an awesome price

chewmeista

Reaction score
Wow that’s an awesome price
I shopped around like crazy and read all sorts of reviews. I was very skeptical because of the price, but after watching a bunch of YouTube videos and whatnot I decided to pull the trigger amd have not been let down

Users who are viewing this thread