5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New timbergrove airbag gauge issue

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
I installed my timber grove rear air bags on my 19 Rebel and the pressure gauge isn't reading the pressure. The sensor connects to a shrader valve on a air pump and is supposed to read how much pressure is in the bags, but it wont show me a number. I also looked the gauge up and its used for valve stem tire pressure. Is there another gauge that I can try?

1634261948451.png

Last edited:

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's a lot of variation in Shraeder valves. Sometimes the release pin is recessed so far you can barely get air in, and if the sensor doesn't happen to depress the pin far enough, it won't work. If the sensor is going to be permanently installed on a pump, you don't really need the valve core, so you could remove it and screw the sensor back on the open stem. Or try a different valve core, there are different designs that vary in quality.

Users who are viewing this thread