5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New text notification DING using carplay?

bassadict69

Reaction score
All I get is a popup message when I am connected via carplay and get a new text message...Is there a way to turn on the audible notification?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I find that everything has its own volume, you may need to turn the volume up in the truck while you get a text or phone call for that volume to increase. It is easy to accidentally turn the volume up or down for something on accident if the different audio plays while you are turning up or down your music.

I wish there was a menu to display the various volume levels, music, navigation, phone etc are all adjusted separately when using CarPlay for example.

toyboy1980

Reaction score
All I get is a popup message when I am connected via carplay and get a new text message...Is there a way to turn on the audible notification?
In iOS 14, there is now a new option to enable text message notification sounds. It didn’t exist before, and it drove me crazy. It’s here...

Settings > Notifications > Messages

The newly added option is, “Show In CarPlay”. You want that turned on.

Users who are viewing this thread