5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New struts

JordanS93

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I currently have a 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie with the ReadyLift 2" kit with UCA's and 275/65r20 (34x11) DuraTrac tires. I have the clunking sound from the UCA and spring that Water Fowler and others have mentioned and I'm looking to go to a full strut assembly.

My preference would be Bilstein 6112's or Fox 2.0, but I want to maintain the 3" of lift I have currently. Has anyone run the Rough Country 3.5" loaded struts? Any other options to get me to that 3" mark? Thanks for y'alls help.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ended up not choosing RC’s 3.5” loaded strut because of the sprinkling of negative reviews about them riding like a one-ton truck. I ended up getting Eibach adjustable shocks and I’m right at a 3” lift. I like the ride of the Eibach a lot (wife said she can’t tell a difference from stock), but I did not like that I ended up having to cannibalize my stock shocks to transfer over the upper and lower shock mounts. If I had it to do again, I’d probably try out the rough country or a fox loaded coilover just for ease of installation and reinstalling the stock stuff when I trade the vehicle in.

JordanS93

Reaction score
I ended up not choosing RC’s 3.5” loaded strut because of the sprinkling of negative reviews about them riding like a one-ton truck. I ended up getting Eibach adjustable shocks and I’m right at a 3” lift. I like the ride of the Eibach a lot (wife said she can’t tell a difference from stock), but I did not like that I ended up having to cannibalize my stock shocks to transfer over the upper and lower shock mounts. If I had it to do again, I’d probably try out the rough country or a fox loaded coilover just for ease of installation and reinstalling the stock stuff when I trade the vehicle in.
I've looked at the Eibach system as well but haven't seen a ton of info on it so thanks for your input. I'm not so much worried about cannibalizing my stock shocks as I am the settling process and being under that 3" mark as my tires very slightly rub at full turn.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've looked at the Eibach system as well but haven't seen a ton of info on it so thanks for your input. I'm not so much worried about cannibalizing my stock shocks as I am the settling process and being under that 3" mark as my tires very slightly rub at full turn.
At 3 inches, mine clear. However, its so close that the Husky mudflaps rub.

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I currently have a 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie with the ReadyLift 2" kit with UCA's and 275/65r20 (34x11) DuraTrac tires. I have the clunking sound from the UCA and spring that Water Fowler and others have mentioned and I'm looking to go to a full strut assembly.

My preference would be Bilstein 6112's or Fox 2.0, but I want to maintain the 3" of lift I have currently. Has anyone run the Rough Country 3.5" loaded struts? Any other options to get me to that 3" mark? Thanks for y'alls help.
Is the clunking noise from the factory screws rubbing through shock spacers on the front. Mine stick past Spacer and not flush with top of Spacer. Also seems like I have to switch sides for the shock to fit back in. Right to left side, and left to right side otherwise it doesn't look like it will fit right.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is the clunking noise from the factory screws rubbing through shock spacers on the front. Mine stick past Spacer and not flush with top of Spacer. Also seems like I have to switch sides for the shock to fit back in. Right to left side, and left to right side otherwise it doesn't look like it will fit right.
I’m not sure what you’re doing, but you shouldn’t have to swap sides.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Are you talking about the UCA’s making contact on the springs when extending downward?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, that's correct.
Yeah I have that issue. That is the only reason I want to upgrade to coilovers. Not sure if just changing the UCA's would fix it, but from what WaterFowler mention on one post is that it helped a little but his coilovers helped the most.

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
What part of the spring is it hitting and why. I thought with this kit there is supposed to be no problems, hence, it's a kit not separate items all bought separately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/