5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New speakers, doors speakers quit working after install

Ryno

Reaction score
I just installed new speakers in my 2019 Ram 8.5 6-way. Everything seemed to work at initial hookup, but after I buttoned and start driving, I noticed the front door speakers quit working. Any idea what would cause this? Hate to pull the panels pack back off.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
I just installed new speakers in my 2019 Ram 8.5 6-way. Everything seemed to work at initial hookup, but after I buttoned and start driving, I noticed the front door speakers quit working. Any idea what would cause this? Hate to pull the panels pack back off.

If you used Infinity Reference speakers with harness adapters in the doors and didn't zip tie the harness to the speaker frame it's possible the window, if rolled down, forced the the harness off the speaker. This generally only happens on the front passenger door.

Ryno

Reaction score
If you used Infinity Reference speakers with harness adapters in the doors and didn't zip tie the harness to the speaker frame it's possible the window, if rolled down, forced the the harness off the speaker. This generally only happens on the front passenger door.
That’s exactly what happened, I was just about to reply that I had found and fixed the issue.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
If in the future you want to add some low end to your system I can HIGHLY recommend the Infinity Basslink Mini powered sub. I changed all of my factory speakers out with the Reference line and had a ton of upper and mid range but not a lot of bass. I added the Basslink Mini this week and absolutely love it. It's not very hard to install either.

Ryno

Reaction score
If in the future you want to add some low end to your system I can HIGHLY recommend the Infinity Basslink Mini powered sub. I changed all of my factory speakers out with the Reference line and had a ton of upper and mid range but not a lot of bass. I added the Basslink Mini this week and absolutely love it. It's not very hard to install either.
Did you tie it into the the existing speakers?

Ryno

Reaction score
Also, are you running an amp to your new speakers? If, do how do have it ran? I would like to have more than the 3 band control that the factory radio gives us.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Did you tie it into the the existing speakers?
Yep. I used a ANC bypass harness and tied into the left and right rear speaker wires on it. That way you aren't cutting or splicing in to any of the factory wires.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Also, are you running an amp to your new speakers? If, do how do have it ran? I would like to have more than the 3 band control that the factory radio gives us.
I didn't add a standalone amp. The only one I have is built into the sub. I listen to the majority of my music on Spotify through my phone connected to Android Auto. In doing it like this I use the phone's (Galaxy S20) equalizer to adjust the sound.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220709-183122_SoundAlive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220709-183122_SoundAlive.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread