5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Software

bonk521

Reaction score
Does anyone have the new software update downloaded to your PC or Thumb Drive for sharing? I still have not received the OTA Update.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How do you know that you need an update?

Go here in type in your vin, this will tell you if you are missing any updates

bonk521

Reaction score

I did that but my version is not the latest version after further investigation with other owners. It says no update is available but I know it is and I have no clue why its not showing.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score

That is the most inaccurate site. I think they have that site up just to keep people from going to the dealer asking for updates. Lol!!!!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

bonk521

Reaction score
I have software version 18.27.17 on a 2019 Longhorn. Does anyone have an updated version yet?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is the most inaccurate site. I think they have that site up just to keep people from going to the dealer asking for updates. Lol!!!!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalkn

Not completely true. Recently was sent to that site from engineering to update a radio. The dealer uconnect site only has updates with warranty labor ops. Dealers can't force ota updates, some updates are only done ota.

U

User_34235

May be a dumb question, but going to throw it out there anyways....lol
Is the uconnect and software update only for those systems out there that have navigation installed? My unit is the non-nav but do want to make sure I stay up to date if I need to.
TIA.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's for all uConnect users in that group.

The NAV is two different animals. The interface which is uConnect and the maps which are a paid service to update.

The website has always told me that my software is up-to-date. It has never told me there was an update (I've had the truck almost 3 years).

It was over 2 years before I saw my first OTA update. I think I've had 3 total (all in about 4 month window) and haven't had one in awhile. Now that uConnect 5 is out (making my uConnect 4 a legacy system) I don't anticipate many updates in the future as my uConnect version is "obsolete" no matter how many FCA vehicles have it coursing through their circuitry.

You can check with your dealership but mine told me they are usually 2-3 versions behind the current one.

You can check with your dealership to see if they have a newer version that what you have. If you are having serious issues with your uConnect you can have them flash your truck with their current version. Sometimes a "fresh install" can make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread