5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW Rough Country power Steps?

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I have been contemplating adding power steps to my Ram and am seriously thinking about the new Rough Country power steps (NOT the Retract ones). Has anyone put these on their RAM yet? Any pictures or thoughts? These don't use the OBDII port, but magnets instead, comes with the switch, front AND rear motors, and is rated to 660lbs per board. These seem like a great option for the $1200 price tag.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts on these!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
These? Power Steps

I'm not sure what you mean by "not the retract ones". All power steps retract. I'm not a fan of how the Rough Country Boards retract and leave the pinch welds exposed, even though their video claims the opposite.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
The old version were named "Retract". I have not been able to find any installs or reviews with the new, "E-board", power steps on RAM trucks. The Retract steps kind of swung to the side laterally, whereas the new version just swing back and up with no lateral movement.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I could only find one type of power board on their site. They may have discontinued the other version.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I could only find one type of power board on their site. They may have discontinued the other version.
Yeah, I can still find them on other sites, like American Trucks, but they are no longer on Rough Country's site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online