5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ride

charlieb

Reaction score
IMG_0681-1.jpg

Just joined this forum. I've been a Dodge now Ram owner for over 35 years. Traded my 2017 Laramie in for the 2019 Rebel. I got the higher differential gears for towing. A little disappointing in the MPG (18) compared to the Laramie (22) tho. Still getting used to that stop/start thing. Just worried I'll be at a light and it will stop but not start, Especially when i'm in a traffic jam, I've been disabling it with the switch. Gotta love the almost triple black color and that orangish / black interior trim. The added 4 inches in the back seat comes in handy for hauling stuff I dont want wet

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just joined this forum. I've been a Dodge now Ram owner for over 35 years. Traded my 2017 Laramie in for the 2019 Rebel. I got the higher differential gears for towing. A little disappointing in the MPG (18) compared to the Laramie (22) tho. Still getting used to that stop/start thing. Just worried I'll be at a light and it will stop but not start, Especially when i'm in a traffic jam, I've been disabling it with the switch. Gotta love the almost triple black color and that orangish / black interior trim. The added 4 inches in the back seat comes in handy for hauling stuff I dont want wet

Let the stop-start do its thing, you'll get used to it. We've had a Prius in the family for 14 years and 160,000+ miles, it's never failed to restart instantly at a traffic light.

Ram reportedly did an excellent job of implementing their stop-start so it is smooth and ultra-quick. I do agree that some stop-start implementations are very poorly done, hence better disabled. But Ram's e-Torque is a highly-praised implementation so far, therefore my suggestion to you is to leave it enabled, pay no attention to it at all, and just let yourself get accustomed to it. After you get used to a well-implemented stop-start system, you'll think non-stop/start vehicles are weird ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread