5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Retirement Truck!

rickj

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This is a great site which has been invaluable to me, as I've been lurking around here for some time gathering information about the 2019 Ram 1500. Yesterday I flew from SoCal up to San Francisco and drove home a beautiful used 2019 Laramie 4X4 that had about 6500 miles on it.

I'm retired and my wife should be retiring in about a year. We decided to get this truck in large part so that we can tow a 27 foot trailer (to be acquired soon) and enjoy traveling our country as well as camping, which we really enjoy. We live on 5 acres and the truck will be better suited for all the ongoing projects than our 2011 Dodge Durango Citadel. The Durango has been a great SUV, but I'll be putting it up for sale in the coming days.

Only a few upgrades to the truck planned. My wife is small and has some trouble getting in the truck, so I'll probably get the side steps for it. I also think the rear tailgate step is clever and will be pretty handy. I want to research the leveling setup to bring the front of the truck up a bit.

Thanks again for this great site!

Rick

Nate4x4

Reaction score
Welcome to 5thGenRams forum and thanks for joining us. Congrats on the gorgeous rig!

rickj

Reaction score
Welcome to 5thGenRams forum and thanks for joining us. Congrats on the gorgeous rig!

Thanks. I like the statement in your signature line "If you can't DODGE it, RAM it!" It would seem that this is exactly what I have done since my Dodge isn't up to the task that my new Ram is...

Users who are viewing this thread