5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New replacement battery

RVTRKN

Reaction score
When you remove the group 94R battery, you'll see the spacer that is on the bottom tray. I have a bigger AGM battery that would have fit, had I known that and save me a couple of hundred dollars. I didn't replace the OE battery, the vender did. I removed it to replace the damaged insulation some rodent had chewed up, once I removed the battery I saw the spacer on the bottom.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You mean save money and go with a better battery? At least around me H8 are cheaper then the same H7. Yes I know that doesn't make sense.
Either way, the H8 is the better option

Drago1978

Reaction score
I upgraded my H7 battery to an Interstate AMG H8 from Costco today. No issues at all and I was able to stretch the battery blanket from my stock H7 over the new H8. I did cut the little portion on the top middle area of the cover so I could use the handles on the new battery. We’ll see how it goes if it starts having issues or breaking down from being stretched I’ll just order the larger one but for now it get the job done

cab3c7355026eed10b7d2d771aff882a.jpg

abe0204c1c52d6ad2b0c64b595202f2a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread