5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Rebel/TRX light bar group buy offer!

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Finally got mine installed. Don't judge me that it sat in my den for 4 months. Patience is a virtue.
ea281bb3da3e6333199a582a29e9e176.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Just wait till the light bar starts building condensation in it and Oracle tells you it is normal and won't replace it. Oh, and the condensation doesn't dissipate. Once it makes it's way in it doesn't come out. It only gets worse.

Pompito

Reaction score
Just wait till the light bar starts building condensation in it and Oracle tells you it is normal and won't replace it. Oh, and the condensation doesn't dissipate. Once it makes it's way in it doesn't come out. It only gets worse.
Is this a know issue with this lights or is it just this bad one? I have not read or heard anything regarding this and Oracle led bar

jives

Reaction score
I'm interested in the mount but have been pretty loyal to black oak led for my bars given quality, reliability, them being vet owned/operated and standing by their product.

I'm surprised how many guys here put cheap bars on. 60k+ trucks. There are plenty of quality options vs the sketchy stuff (won't pick on brands, but if it's super cheap... It likely is super cheap).

Pompito

Reaction score
I'm interested in the mount but have been pretty loyal to black oak led for my bars given quality, reliability, them being vet owned/operated and standing by their product.

I'm surprised how many guys here put cheap bars on. 60k+ trucks. There are plenty of quality options vs the sketchy stuff (won't pick on brands, but if it's super cheap... It likely is super cheap).
I've seen the Oracle led bar inside this mount being replaced with Rigid, if Im not wrong 20" SR led bar and fits. That is my plan.

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
I live in Arizona. We don't have condensation. I'm good.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Is this a know issue with this lights or is it just this bad one? I have not read or heard anything regarding this and Oracle led bar
It hasn't been mentioned on here. But, on Facebook several Rebel /TRX owners have replaced the light bar with a different brand as Oracle will not stand behind their product.

REBELmtnbiker

Reaction score
It hasn't been mentioned on here. But, on Facebook several Rebel /TRX owners have replaced the light bar with a different brand as Oracle will not stand behind their product.
That sucks...I was on the fence about buying the Oracle. Is there a way to waterproof the light bar. Disassemble it etc. ?
Or has the issue been resolved?

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sucks...I was on the fence about buying the Oracle. Is there a way to waterproof the light bar. Disassemble it etc. ?
my brother saw that on mine.it still works good.but when the day it shorts out ,i will just go with another brand(Ridgid,VisionX,etc)"oracle"have never been regarded as a "TopBrand".they make a lot of "awesome"looking stuff but fall short every time,kind of like "Recon".

Attachments

• 20211216_151413.jpg
    20211216_151413.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20211216_163213.jpg
    20211216_163213.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I mean you could seal up every opening on the light bar with black silicone.
I was told by Oracle that it was a coke bottle effect causing the condensation. They said that when the LEDs heat up and if the air outside is cold it makes condensation. I debunked that already as I stopped using the light bar they included and every time it rains I get water inside the lens.
Adding insult to injury the light temperature (color) doesn't match our headlights or fog lights. It's more of a soft white. Diode Dynamics color is much more accurate to OEM.

Last edited:

DO in CO

Reaction score
Nothing ever from them again! They screwed me over on rear lights for the bumper of my Gladiator - the harness wouldn't work - I had to pay to send the non-working pos back and they still only refunded part of what I paid. Now with less than an hour of use on the lights one has one led out and the other has a flickering led that will die soon...
Avoid them!

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
can you imagine there assembly line .making these lights.and one after another..."Defective":mad::mad:..,but i knew what i was getting into with these "people".i just wanted that housing.but to get it you have to order the "WholeMeal".but as i stated earlier.i knew what i was getting into with them.if and when the water inside begins to get to bad,i will order from another brand(Baja)

cnyram

Reaction score
i hope the people at "Oracle"are seeing this (y) 🤣
They could care less about their customers and their products after they get your money. I was driving down the road and heard something dragging. Stopped and discovered my oracle light was hanging by the power cord. The mounts on these lights are just formed plastic. No metal inserts or anything. The bolts were still installed on my bumper with the bottom piece of plastic under them. The light just snapped off and popped off over the bolt heads. I will NEVER buy anything from this company again. They obviously don't stand behind their products.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They could care less about their customers and their products after they get your money. I was driving down the road and heard something dragging. Stopped and discovered my oracle light was hanging by the power cord. The mounts on these lights are just formed plastic. No metal inserts or anything. The bolts were still installed on my bumper with the bottom piece of plastic under them. The light just snapped off and popped off over the bolt heads. I will NEVER buy anything from this company again. They obviously don't stand behind their products.
one thing about companies like them.they are not really a "Real world"company.they are for mostly for show car.that are mostly on display.they will not hold up in any type of situation except to be driven to shows.that and "Recon".i just wanted that "Housing"that it has for the "TRX/Rebel"plan later on to put a real brand in its place(Ridgid,Baja,VisionX,etc)....P.s im from "Syracuse👍😅

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, if anyone has one of these housings that's headed for the trash, I would be interested in it. Would like to see if I could l reinforce it or reverse engineer and have a friend mill one out of aluminum or Delrin, or...

cnyram

Reaction score
one thing about companies like them.they are not really a "Real world"company.they are for mostly for show car.that are mostly on display.they will not hold up in any type of situation except to be driven to shows.that and "Recon".i just wanted that "Housing"that it has for the "TRX/Rebel"plan later on to put a real brand in its place(Ridgid,Baja,VisionX,etc)....P.s im from "Syracuse👍😅
Yeah, we chatted before while I was waiting for my light. Can't argue with anything you said but I was just driving down the road and it honestly just fell off. Vibrations over time, whatever, I don't know. Definitely didn't over torque it when I installed it. And I could maybe see if I was hard on my truck or off roaded it but it's never been off road. If you are planning on putting a better light inside that housing, I'd strongly suggest finding some metal inserts and jb welding the inserts to the plastic housing to avoid having a $400 worthless pos like I do now. The mounting points on that $400 light should have been reinforced with metal, not entirely formed plastic.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, we chatted before while I was waiting for my light. Can't argue with anything you said but I was just driving down the road and it honestly just fell off. Vibrations over time, whatever, I don't know. Definitely didn't over torque it when I installed it. And I could maybe see if I was hard on my truck or off roaded it but it's never been off road. If you are planning on putting a better light inside that housing, I'd strongly suggest finding some metal inserts and jb welding the inserts to the plastic housing to avoid having a $400 worthless pos like I do now. The mounting points on that $400 light should have been reinforced with metal, not entirely formed plastic.
😢😢😢

cnyram

Reaction score
So, if anyone has one of these housings that's headed for the trash, I would be interested in it. Would like to see if I could l reinforce it or reverse engineer and have a friend mill one out of aluminum or Delrin, or...

Users who are viewing this thread