5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Rebel Owner.

Big Z

Reaction score
Good Afternoon Yall,

I’m a new 2019 Rebel owner. Today I went on a limb and ordered a few different budget parts to hopefully make a small difference in performance and sound. I ordered a Rough Country cat back, cold air intake, and a throttle body spacer. What can I realistically expect from these mods ? 5-10 HP? I know it’s not Borla or Flowmaster but it’s in my budget and after looking up the reviews I was confident in RC.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There will be some that will disagree but I agree with ^^^darksteel. More sound than any measurable hp gain.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Big Z

Reaction score
Ok great I didn’t want to lower my MPG. I just want a small difference in sound

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A tune may tell the intake to take in more air. But an air filter can't allow more air in than the computer tells it too. I really feel bad for the guys that buy into CAI's thinking they are getting a 25HP boost. There may be something to a little more flow but not likely. The auto makers would kill to tell customers about higher HP's. It's just not going to happen because of an air filter. As for Cat Backs, it the Cat Fore's that are the issue. But if you like a throaty note Cat Backs are the way to go.

edgarrian

Reaction score
Good Afternoon Yall,

I’m a new 2019 Rebel owner. Today I went on a limb and ordered a few different budget parts to hopefully make a small difference in performance and sound. I ordered a Rough Country cat back, cold air intake, and a throttle body spacer. What can I realistically expect from these mods ? 5-10 HP? I know it’s not Borla or Flowmaster but it’s in my budget and after looking up the reviews I was confident in RC.
IF you got a CAI and a tune. Then yes that would give you some better MPG but without the tune. It will yield nothing. You should take the throttle body back to where every you got it. And take that money and get a pedal commander. That takes out throttle lag. It sounds gimmicky as all hell but I tried it b/c it was cheap and it actually works. The reason why I have it go is b/c i didnt want to spend the money on a tune to give me some pep. This provided cheap option

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online