5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New rebel owner

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
Beautiful truck! I love that color scheme! I couldn't haggle down a dealership for that one.

Now... PAINT THAT FRONT SKID PLATE BLACK!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Sold my 2017 tacoma today and heading out to pickup a 2020 ED rebel in the morning!!
Welcome to the forum and congratulations!!

Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a moment.
This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your vehicle.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did you go about painting your skid plate?!

Idk how he did it. However, it is super simple to remove the front bumper. 1 plug on the driver side to disconnect all electronics and 3 or 4 bolts (can't remember) on each side attaching it to the frame rails. Once you have the bumper off, you can remove the skid plate by removing a couple more pieces. It makes for a cleaner job and no need to be taping stuff up.

jcmartin11b

Reaction score
Line-X is a close match too. Lots of guys have done that on this forum. Plasti-dip is a cheap alternative. I've had mine on almost 6 months, and it has held up good.
That’s great to know then. I’ll explore all the options after I actually get the truck home. I don’t see it in person until tomorrow

jcmartin11b

Reaction score
Gotta figure out some wheel/tire options now.
Also looking at putting a king suspension setup on there

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Welcome to the Rebel family. I have the same truck. I still need to paint the skid plate too. This is an awesome truck congratulations, I’m sure you’ll love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread