5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Rebel Owner

karlmajors

Reaction score
Hello! I recently traded in my '15 Laramie 1500 for '19 Rebel. The Rebel has been great thus far - roughly 1,000 miles since purchase. I opted for the crew cab, air ride, panoramic and 12 inch screen - all fantastic upgrades from my Laramie. The only option I wish i had was a memory seat, but not having it will discourage the wife from driving my truck! My only complaints thus far revolve around the laughable quality of the air conditioning (based on a very quick google search it appears this is a common complaints for new 1500 owners) and the HK subwoofer rattle at any volume.

mustard54

Reaction score
Hello! I recently traded in my '15 Laramie 1500 for '19 Rebel. The Rebel has been great thus far - roughly 1,000 miles since purchase. I opted for the crew cab, air ride, panoramic and 12 inch screen - all fantastic upgrades from my Laramie. The only option I wish i had was a memory seat, but not having it will discourage the wife from driving my truck! My only complaints thus far revolve around the laughable quality of the air conditioning (based on a very quick google search it appears this is a common complaints for new 1500 owners) and the HK subwoofer rattle at any volume.

Welcome and valid complaints and observations!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Congrats, I'm about 1500 miles into my Rebel. AC is an easy fix if you're willing to disconnect a hose and add a valve or just pinch it off with a clamp on your brand new truck. Look at the AC hack thread.

I really like the Alpine system in mine. Bass hits nicely with no rattles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Congrats on your Rebel. I went from a 2018 Rebel to a 2019 Limited. I love both trucks for different reasons, part of me wishes the 2019 was a Rebel.
7445df12d0cd5c93bafa943ff784f7cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juli_hoop

Reaction score
what has been the issue with the AC? I'm a new owner of a 19 rebel also and feel like the AC doesn't get very cold/takes forever to cool down the cabin???

karlmajors

Reaction score
Congrats, I'm about 1500 miles into my Rebel. AC is an easy fix if you're willing to disconnect a hose and add a valve or just pinch it off with a clamp on your brand new truck. Look at the AC hack thread.

I really like the Alpine system in mine. Bass hits nicely with no rattles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I read about that - has anyone determined long term risk? Any warranty concerns? Unbelievable we need to discuss adequate AC on a $60k truck! I should note that i started using the Auto Climate Control function (per salesman recommendation upon complaining about AC) and it has been MUCH better. I have no hard facts to support the "better" status but feels better. This week will be the real test as they are calling for high temps here in NE Ohio.

Users who are viewing this thread