5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Rebel owner -- Traded away from Raptor. 35's without lift?

antwon412

Reaction score
I was actually going to make a point to ask them to make sure the black lettering was on the outside. I forgot until the tires are already mounted so fortunately they had not the right way. However I don’t think these tires even have white lettering on one side. When I get a chance I’ll have to go out there and look.

I had the white lettering on the outside when I had my Duratracs on my black wheels, and I think I prefer the all black tire look. No white lettering

antwon412

Reaction score
Uhh...does that even fit in your garage ?

I was VERY careful backing into the garage! Stopped every foot to check.
I have about 2 inches clearance above the shark fin.
Which of course means 37s are doable!

In all seriousness though, it fits fine. No plans to go any taller. My goal was to have minimal lift to fit 35s. At some point when funds allow I will probably have better suspension put in. No more height, just more travel if possible.
Well, maybe a little more height......

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd really like to know if 285/75R18's fit without a lift/level and minimal rubbing or trimming. I haven't seen anything definitive either way.

timinnodak

Reaction score
I'd really like to know if 285/75R18's fit without a lift/level and minimal rubbing or trimming. I haven't seen anything definitive either way.

I just called the accessories guy at the dealership that I'm getting the truck from (and that's putting the tires on, etc)

285/75r18 in a Cooper AT3 XLT will NOT fit. It is 34.85 high.
295/70r18 in a Cooper AT3 XLT WILL fit. It is 34.25 high.

He says the 285/75r18 will not fit.

So...it obviously very close.

They put the 295's on my pickup and drove it and said everything cleared just fine.

I then had him measure, and the front sat 2" lower in front...so had them put a 2" level kit in it.

antwon412

Reaction score

They might if you have a Rebel or the ORG. And probably no aftermarket mud flaps.
I’m pretty sure there is a member here who has done it. There is a thread called.....what wheels fit or something like that.
When I find it I will edit this post.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it's been discussed... I just haven't seen anyone post results.

FWIW - If I go to 35's, I'll be doing the Daystar/Revel thing as I have air suspension. Probably put on the Mopar UCA while I'm at it.

I was just curious. Thanks!

Downytide

Reaction score
I think it's been discussed... I just haven't seen anyone post results.

FWIW - If I go to 35's, I'll be doing the Daystar/Revel thing as I have air suspension. Probably put on the Mopar UCA while I'm at it.

I was just curious. Thanks!

There has been, just need to dig.

I have 285/75r18 Yokohama X-AT, it measures 35.1" , with KMC Impact 541 wheels, 18x9 ET0, there was tiny, and I mean very tiny rubbing at full lock when backing into my driveway at an angle, I heated up the mudflaps and bent them out of way, now there's no rubbing at full flexing.

WhxTLy8.jpg

antwon412

Reaction score

I have 285/75r18 Yokohama X-AT, it measures 35.1" , with KMC Impact 541 wheels, 18x9 ET0, there was tiny, and I mean very tiny rubbing at full lock when backing into my driveway at an angle, I heated up the mudflaps and bent them out of way, now there's no rubbing at full flexing.
Is this just with the smaller factory mudflap? I have the husky mudflaps which are decently bigger. I’m getting some decent rubbing right in the middle of the mudflap With my 2” level and same size tires.
Thinking I probably have to pull them off and heat up the factory mudflap behind it and perhaps even remove a section of the aftermarket husky mudflap to clear.

Thanks

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score

WhxTLy8.jpg
I always assumed you had a level/lift for some reason... good to know. Truck looks great in it's native habitat.

Downytide

Reaction score
Is this just with the smaller factory mudflap? I have the husky mudflaps which are decently bigger. I’m getting some decent rubbing right in the middle of the mudflap With my 2” level and same size tires.
Thinking I probably have to pull them off and heat up the factory mudflap behind it and perhaps even remove a section of the aftermarket husky mudflap to clear.

Thanks

Factory flap, you just take heat gun and then push the middle part in, they are really easy to work with.

I always assumed you had a level/lift for some reason... good to know. Truck looks great in it's native habitat.

No level/lift yet, it provided just the right amount I need to make sure I stop bumping my front cross member this rock on a road (well, if you can call it that) that's near my house.

Users who are viewing this thread