5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Rebel owner -- Traded away from Raptor. 35's without lift?

timinnodak

Reaction score
Just bought a 2020 Rebel.

I discussed 2" Mopar lift (won't fit Rebel), 3.5" Rough Country lift and 3.5 Readylift with their aftermarket.

I have 2017 Ford Raptor now. I like how high it sits. Its about perfect. OEM Rebel is a bit lower.

I want 35's.

I told the guy I don't want it to look "redneck" (as in too high) and I don't want the ride made rough from a lift. I have a truck with an 8" lift and 37's...and that indeed looks redneck and I'm good with it looking redneck.

I was told I can go a 35 that measures 34.8 without a lift. (Cooper AT3 XLT - 285/75r18).

Is that gonna look odd? Look tight?

I would LOVE to know the measurement from the ground to the bottom of your door (open door, measure to bottom of door -- don't measure to frame, truck itself, etc) on a Rebel 4x4 with 35's and a 3.5" lift.

Would someone please go measure for me? That would make my decision easy. Anyone have before and after pics?

Thank you.

antwon412

Reaction score
I did the ReadyLift 2” spacer in front and new UCAs. Getting some Falken Wildpeak at3 in 285/75r18 (34.8”) installed Saturday morning.
From researching it, should fit just fine. I’ll let you know Saturday morning!

timinnodak

Reaction score
I did the ReadyLift 2” spacer in front and new UCAs. Getting some Falken Wildpeak at3 in 285/75r18 (34.8”) installed Saturday morning.

Those exact tires are what I wanted. I forget why...I think he couldn't get them??? Not sure. And let me know!!

Did you not want the expense of a 3.5" lift or not like the look (that's my concern--that's its just too high--looks too high).

Just talked to my accessories guy at the dealership who does the ordering. He I told him what you said about 2"Spacer, he said "Hmm.....Jeez....well...I'm curious about that because Rebels sit dang near level the way they come stock. I'd be concerned that its going to make it look like the front is higher" He then said for me to get a picture from you after it is installed. My pickup is a dealer trade, and they are just getting it in today, and need to do spray in liner, lomax cover, and possibly the lift or spacers (what you ended up doing). They won't get to the lift or spacers until Monday.

So send me pics directly after PM'ing me or post them on here.

Thanks a million!

Last edited:

antwon412

Reaction score
Those exact tires are what I wanted. I forget why...I think he couldn't get them??? Not sure. And let me know!!

Did you not want the expense of a 3.5" lift or not like the look (that's my concern--that's its just too high--looks too high).

Just talked to my accessories guy at the dealership who does the ordering. He I told him what you said about 2"Spacer, he said "Hmm.....Jeez....well...I'm curious about that because Rebels sit dang near level the way they come stock. I'd be concerned that its going to make it look like the front is higher" He then said for me to get a picture from you after it is installed. My pickup is a dealer trade, and they are just getting it in today, and need to do spray in liner, lomax cover, and possibly the lift or spacers (what you ended up doing). They won't get to the lift or spacers until Monday.

So send me pics directly after PM'ing me or post them on here.

Thanks a million!

I prefer the truck lower with 35s. And if I’m going to have it lifted 3 to 4 inches, I would go with a full on suspension system. Sone thing a little more in depth than simply two different kind of spacers.

here is a picture of my truck with a 2 inch lift on the current tires. You can see it’s basically level right now. I may end up throwing a small 1 inch spacer in the rear at some point here. It looks a little high in front. But that picture was taken immediately after install. It’s settled a bit now.
27CA5E2D-13C9-4E4E-A92D-02118CABE54F.jpeg

Americantruck04

Reaction score
I will not get very left 3.5 minute stuff because you’re a mess up your cv axles angles

timinnodak

Reaction score
I prefer the truck lower with 35s. And if I’m going to have it lifted 3 to 4 inches, I would go with a full on suspension system. Sone thing a little more in depth than simply two different kind of spacers.

here is a picture of my truck with a 2 inch lift on the current tires. You can see it’s basically level right now. I may end up throwing a small 1 inch spacer in the rear at some point here. It looks a little high in front. But that picture was taken immediately after install. It’s settled a bit now.
View attachment 69647

Looks sweet. It will look even sweeter on Saturday!

Americantruck04

Reaction score
What? Are you saying don't get the 3.5" lift?
If you have the rebel or offroad package no because from what I’ve heard is the cv angles cause the cv axle to break and I’ve seen the photos and see why they break if you want more to 2ins I would just go to a 4in lift unless you can find a diff drop for 3- 3.5in lift

JJ_Rebel

Reaction score
I put a 2" spacer lift in the front 2 weeks after I bought the truck.
I measured from the bottom of the rear wheel well to the ground, and then from the bottom of the front wheel well to the ground.
The rear sits about .5" higher than the front. = Perfection!
I was also told, after the spacer lift was installed, I could fit 35's as well.

timinnodak

Reaction score

View attachment 69647

The 35's that you are getting --- do they have white lettering on the tire? They just sent me a pic of my black rebel (black appearance package) with tires with no white lettering, and something doesn't quite look right.

IMO, white lettering look better. But my place can't find a 295/70/R18 in white letter other than a Cooper STT and that is way to aggressive and noisy.

So if I can't find white lettering, I'm either going back to factor 33's or getting new rims so I can put a 35" on with white letters.

U

User_21361

The 35's that you are getting --- do they have white lettering on the tire? They just sent me a pic of my black rebel (black appearance package) with tires with no white lettering, and something doesn't quite look right.

IMO, white lettering look better. But my place can't find a 295/70/R18 in white letter other than a Cooper STT and that is way to aggressive and noisy.

So if I can't find white lettering, I'm either going back to factor 33's or getting new rims so I can put a 35" on with white letters.
My 2020 black appearance Rebel had white lettering on the tires. That seems like an odd thing for them to change. On mine, the backside of the tires had black lettering. If thats the case, you could have them flipped. Thats what I did because I didnt like the white letters.

timinnodak

Reaction score
My 2020 black appearance Rebel had white lettering on the tires. That seems like an odd thing for them to change. On mine, the backside of the tires had black lettering. If thats the case, you could have them flipped. Thats what I did because I didnt like the white letters.

It came with white lettering -- on 33's. I like that look. To go up to 35's white letters are hard to find - almost impossible - on 18" wheels. I found one-- Cooper SST pro -- but its not Snowflake rated, and reviews say its noisy.

And in my research -- and this is interesting - the white lettering Duratracs are NOT snowflake rated. The black sidewall ones ARE. Which, is why the white lettering ones are cheaper. I found that odd.

U

User_21361

It came with white lettering -- on 33's. I like that look. To go up to 35's white letters are hard to find - almost impossible - on 18" wheels. I found one-- Cooper SST pro -- but its not Snowflake rated, and reviews say its noisy.

And in my research -- and this is interesting - the white lettering Duratracs are NOT snowflake rated. The black sidewall ones ARE. Which, is why the white lettering ones are cheaper. I found that odd.
Got it, makes sense. My impression is the tires for the rebel are specially designed for RAM. And they likely cut corners because they could. Similar to how the TRX has specialty tires. I've already decided once I hit 25k miles on the stock duratracs, I'm upgrading to something that's snowflake rated

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

timinnodak

Reaction score

Ohh....clarification. Dodge didn't change it. I had the dealership put 35's on (Cooper AT3 XLT's). They --- the Coopers--- don't have white letters. I didn't realize that until they sent a pic. Now I'm torn...
Either 35's (measure 34.25") or go to 33's (33.3") which is only a net gain of 1" clearance.

Also, they said the 35's (11.2" wide) fit without any spacer.

Why did you get 2" spacer? Was it for looks or they told you that you needed it for 35s?

My choices right now:
1.) Keep the 35" black sidewalls on - no spacer
2.) Keep the 35" black sidewalls on - ADD SPACER
3.) Go back to the 33" stock size
(but I'd get them in the Cooper AT3 XLT's) ----> https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...6!3!72322456933!!!g!79583449933!&gclsrc=aw.ds

I can't friggen decide. lol. Anyone's .02 would be appreciated.

DeckArtist

Reaction score
I am not a fan of spacers or levels. I say 35" without anything else. Fills up the wheelwells nicely from other pics I have seen over the last couple of years. Wish I could locate the pics I saw, but that would take a whole day to find them.

If I ever change mine from the stock tire size, I will be leaving the stock wheels on it and going to a larger tire without any other mods.

timinnodak

Reaction score

Well? Pic?

timinnodak

Reaction score

antwon412

Reaction score
Yes I can tell a difference for sure. Once I had leveled it the 33’s did not look big enough. The 35 look much more proportional to the overall size of the truck.

ClancyO

Reaction score
That looks really good!! I would probably have wanted the white letters too, but looking at the truck the way it is, I’m inclined to think the blackwalls were the right move!

Users who are viewing this thread