5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Rebel owner here couple question?

Shaneohio21

Reaction score
First what do you guys use to wash and treat the outside plastic to keep from fading second what do you use on all the interior to protect it also and I am assuming a sun visor to cover when not in use for the dash thanks fellas

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I use Armor All on the inside and either Maguires or Mother’s back to black on the exterior but a lot of people on here use 303

blazenlo

Reaction score
I used Cquartz-Dlux on all the flat plastic and rubber trim.
I previously used it on the flat black plastic on my challenger and the plastic still looks new 4 years later.

Six_Swix

Reaction score
I used Cquartz-Dlux on all the flat plastic and rubber trim.
I previously used it on the flat black plastic on my challenger and the plastic still looks new 4 years later.

Does it end up giving it a matte black finish or semi gloss? The only thing I want shining on my truck is the paint

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does it end up giving it a matte black finish or semi gloss? The only thing I want shining on my truck is the paint
Adams VRT or griots rubber and vinyl dressing on the exterior trim. I use Adams interior detailer on everything on the inside but there’s a lot of good interior detailer to chose from

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ends up looking exactly the same. It may make it a touch shinier directly after, but I didn't coat everything when I did it and couldn't tell the difference between what had been done and what I didn't get to after a couple weeks of doing it.

BTW, for the protection it adds, I will never leave an unpainted piece of plastic left un-coated. And I have no experience with other plastic ceramic coatings, I'm sure there are others out there that work just as good. I can't see plastics ever getting chalky as long as it's kept coated. I used the back to black and all the competitors that all last a couple weeks or until it rains. Ceramic coat it when new and it'll never get to the point that your trying to make it black again. IMO

Last edited:

Six_Swix

Reaction score
Ends up looking exactly the same. It may make it a touch shinier directly after, but I didn't coat everything when I did it and couldn't tell the difference between what had been done and what I didn't get to after a couple weeks of doing it.
Appreciate the feedback brother. I will be getting some. Do you have a vinyl tonneau? Did you try it on that?

blazenlo

Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback brother. I will be getting some. Do you have a vinyl tonneau? Did you try it on that?
I wouldn't put it on a flexible surface like vinyl. It's a hard coating shell. Very thin, but still a shell of some sorts.

HomeTownHockeyFan

Reaction score
I’m a big fan of the 3M 303 protectant. I use it on the black parts outside, including the tires....and anything plastic inside. :cool:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Did you see if you qualified for the $250 Bonus Drive rebate? Google it.

Shaneohio21

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone appreciate it does the ceramic coating need done each time you wash it if not how often. Thanks in advance also running the 5.7 do you run conventional or full synthetic oil

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if its a real ceramic coating, those usually last for years. theres lots of ceramic coating detail spray types of products that you can use after you wash to boost the shine if you want. and i run synthetic, pennzoil ultra platinum

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone appreciate it does the ceramic coating need done each time you wash it if not how often. Thanks in advance also running the 5.7 do you run conventional or full synthetic oil
I’m likely in the minority here, I run dino (Conventional) oil, just get it changed with cheap dealer coupons every 3-4K. Course we don’t drive much and certainly don’t stress the hemi as far as high heat (no towing). When the coupons get mailed out (mine came both from the dealer and FCA RAM) the cost per conventional oil/filter change was as low as $15 each. I totally agree that synthetics are excellent oils and if your usage favors using them, go for it.

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ceramic will last longer than anything else you apply. Years.

Users who are viewing this thread