5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Rebel OEM (but wider) style fender flares?

SKINSTAINS

Reaction score
I have been looking for a while now and am having a hard time finding a wider OEM style fender flare for my new rebel GT, and was hoping someone on here might be able to help me. I don't want the "bolt on" look, I want them to be smooth, black and using existing holes...just wider to get more tire coverage. Every set I find that fits this criteria excludes Rebels and TRX's...anyone know why or if there is a way they would work?
Also, I haven't had the two side by side so this may be a dumb question, but would a trx flare fit the rebel? The trx OEM plastic flare size/look is really what I am after. Thanks in advance!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have been looking for a while now and am having a hard time finding a wider OEM style fender flare for my new rebel GT, and was hoping someone on here might be able to help me. I don't want the "bolt on" look, I want them to be smooth, black and using existing holes...just wider to get more tire coverage. Every set I find that fits this criteria excludes Rebels and TRX's...anyone know why or if there is a way they would work?
Also, I haven't had the two side by side so this may be a dumb question, but would a trx flare fit the rebel? The trx OEM plastic flare size/look is really what I am after. Thanks in advance!
The reason Rebels and TRXs are usually excluded is because they come from the factory with fender flares already installed. So they don't "fit" the application. Take off factory flares and they will bolt right on

bobgnarley

Reaction score
Thank you for creating this post. I pondered the possibility of replacing my stock flares with those for a TRX, but was discouraged by comments from other members who argued it wouldn't fit. It doesn't seem like anyone else has taken this leap of faith to attempt the experiment.

I found that Bushwacker has an option that might meet your goals of having a broader flare that maintains an OEM look. They look similar to the TRX, which is a significant plus.

Also, thanks to HSKR R/T for clarifying why Rebels and TRXs are specifically exempt; however, don't other trims such as the Laramie and Limited come with body-matched flares? Aren't these the same as the Rebel with the additional holes in the fender for a more exacting and tight fit? These trims are included as options where aftermarket flares will fit, so it's all the more confusing to me.

1653882689987.png

Last edited:

bobgnarley

Reaction score
I'd love to see pics of a truck with either of these fender flare options and 20x10 -18 wheels. I realize that wish is particular, but the ideal truck is a Rebel with 295/70-20 AT tires and factory air ride suspension.

bobgnarley

Reaction score
One more for comparison. These appear to be the cheapest, but with a style that isn't obtrusive or overplayed. Notice how the listing says "Not Compatible on Rebel and TRX" and "Rebel Models require modification to fit." Ironically, they have the flares installed on a Rebel, so clearly, this is a viable option.

2019-2021 Dodge Ram 1500 OE-Style Fender Flares - Smooth Black

2019-2021-dodge-ram-1500-oe-style-fender-flares-smooth-black-10.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread