5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Rebel from NE Florida

jeepfoamer

Reaction score
First time Ram owner. Been lurking a little over the last month and dipping my toes into conversations. Have been a Jeeper for a long time and was about to trade up to a gladiator when I figured I would look at the half tons and see what they feel like and offer over a similarly priced Gladiator. One thing I knew I would do when I traded was get more comfort and "bells and whistles" than I am used to. I drive 100 miles a day and for the last 7 years that has been in a built up wrangler with soft top and half doors. And a basic CD deck that I couldn't hear if I turned it on and an AC/Heat that could just barely keep up with the temps bleeding through the soft top and vinyl windows.

Well after one of my many trips to my local dealership to check out the rotating selection of jeeps I decided to get some info and actually look at the 1500 and learn the trim levels and options. Now coming from a jeep with absolutely no "frills" I was blown away by the interior of the 1500 and started doing more and more online looking at trims and options. I was down in southwest Florida over the holidays visiting family and decided to visit their CDJR as they had a very large selection on the lot, figured it would give me the chance to get a feel for the options and trims I had been researching. Already pretty much knew I was going to go for the Rebel so it was down to color and package. Well I walked away with a damn good idea what I was going to order and it wasn't 10 minutes later the salesman called me up saying they would give me an additional 3k below what they were offering. Basically walking out 5% below MSRP after it was all said and done. Didn't have my jeep with me so it was a straight deal on the truck, though I promised the wife I would sell the jeep and put it against the truck principal (jeep is still in my driveway.....)

Anyways, meet my new mistress Black Betty, I was looking forward to not spending every extra penny on my vehicle like I did the Jeep but we will see how that goes.

Black Betty.jpg
and Ginger (secretly hoping she doesn't sell)
08 JK.jpg

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new truck . They both look good !

Users who are viewing this thread