5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ram

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome, lots of great info and like porboy said lots of great peeps to help you spend your money

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
N
Welcome and post some photos so we can suggesthiw to spend your money lol.
Nice thing about the classic is there are plenty of available mods out there to spend money on since they are the same as the last gen. Can’t say that for the DT, but it is getting there:)

Martinwelsh

Reaction score
All ready added running boards chrome fender covers mud flaps beside molding grill guard bug deflector bed liner tailgate assist towhitch since December

Ktruskey

Reaction score
Looking for advice on a leveling kit for my 19

Attachments

• 20190329_173201.jpg
    20190329_173201.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 25

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^ I would measure center of wheel to fenders on all 4 corners. That will assist on what inch level you need. Then decide on how much you want to push front up. What’s your taste. Just a little more, to fronts higher then rear.
I have found that Top strut spacers are true to amount of level they say. Atleast for motofab, in my personal experience. Regardless of top spacer companies reading and searching, all is way easy to install and super close to right on lift they say it gives.
Hope that helps ya

Ktruskey

Reaction score
Thanks nails, I'm nervous on the spacer thing I read that it could cause possible premature wearing of front and components , some say I should change the upper control arms , I only want to go a bit no more than two inch, your thoughts?

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No more then 2inch with ORP. 2.5inch on regular suspension. Or ucas will be wanted. The main component with a level that will be taking the main abuse will be the upper bjs. And that really only cause the angle change if you stay with factory ones.

I did 2 on my ORP truck. Measurements show 2in lift. My upper isn’t at a horrible angle. If I did another 1/2 I’d be little worried. Though ucas are on the list for replacement down the line.

Ktruskey

Reaction score
So what is orp I got all the other short forms but that one

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Off Road Package- has different struts & shocks with 1” lift over standard suspension from factory.
Edit: & springs

Ktruskey

Reaction score
Oh ok so a 2" lift with spacers should be ok on regular suspension. No premature wear, ?

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, and it should actually look level . Even though measures are still a rake there. Specially if you tow, don’t want the front way above the rear. Here’s picks of mine. With a 1” rake on it measurement wise. Pretty much looks legit level 2092CA25-D09B-4B98-8E7E-79F58AB85B97.jpeg E5BD36FC-3F92-4D00-A405-FB795B7CC669.jpeg

Ktruskey

Reaction score
ya that's sweet man I only want to level it out , then put the air ride 1000 hd bags ib the bag , I was just worried bout wearing things out too soon with spacers , thanks for the help , and nice truck

Ktruskey

Reaction score
Hi guys , if I put on bilstiens 5100 would I need different uca like i would with spacers possibly?

Users who are viewing this thread