5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram using 4WAuto

mplaramie

Reaction score
I've got a dumb question but I have to ask.

Is it safe to use 4WAuto in the new Ram right away? I've got 150 miles on the new truck and with all the snow 4WAuto would be helpful. Just don't want to F anything up from the start.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No problem at all. Behavior may not be quite what you expect. If you have any open parking lots in the area, give it a test run.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's pretty seemless, but I can tell when it's on. The manual is a good resource

1000004141.jpg

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a dumb question but I have to ask.

Is it safe to use 4WAuto in the new Ram right away? I've got 150 miles on the new truck and with all the snow 4WAuto would be helpful. Just don't want to F anything up from the start.

Any feedback is appreciated.
It’ll be fine. Doing this does keep a few more parts engaged, so fuel economy will take a very slight hit.

mplaramie

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the help and feedback.

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
Has anyone actually noticed a difference in gas consumption between 4WD-auto and 2WD? I can’t tell a difference, but admit I haven’t turned it into a science project either. Just going by what the display shows for current consumption on cruise control and switching forth and back between 4WD-auto and 2WD.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Fwiw, the TRX doesn’t even have a 2wd mode. 4-auto is the least you can do. So there’s definitely no concern with running 4-auto all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online