5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram owner

Jeff9612

Reaction score
Hello All
First time RAM owner and happy to be one. On 12-09-23 I purchased a 2024 Laramie with the Night Edition package. I have to say I love the truck so far but am disappointed with the fit of the trim pieces in the hood. Dose anyone make an aftermarket piece to replace the poorly fitting ones? Also looking for ideas/suggestions for good looking step boards.

mplaramie

Reaction score
Hello All
First time RAM owner and happy to be one. On 12-09-23 I purchased a 2024 Laramie with the Night Edition package. I have to say I love the truck so far but am disappointed with the fit of the trim pieces in the hood. Dose anyone make an aftermarket piece to replace the poorly fitting ones? Also looking for ideas/suggestions for good looking step boards.
Welcome! I had a 23 Laramie Night Edition and the sport hood inserts fit terrible. Went to dealer, they replaced and was good as new.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mopar retractable steps, or amp research.
Also nothing you can do with the vents, it's just plastic clips on the I side they fit like junk and just collect water.
You can replace the hood to get rid of them,
I don't see a way to make the fit tighter due to the silly design of how they hold in. I shoved a folder zip tie inside of the clip of one side and it helped a little but it took me around 30 minutes to get the zip tie in

Jeff9612

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I think I'll make the dealer fix the vent trim pcs. For what we pay for these trucks they should look perfect....

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online