5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram Owner

Phil1

Reaction score
Well will be in a couple days. I bought my first Ram, 2021 Black Night Edition Laramie. I get to pick it up in a couple days. Pretty excited. I haven't been this excited about getting a new truck since god knows when. My last three trucks have been F-150's. The F-150's stopped exciting me a while ago, although I think they are good trucks, and I wouldn't discourage anyone from getting one. I opted for the 5.7, no Etorque, not that I have anything against Etorque, it's just not my thing.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Great having you here, hope to get a full report on your truck and how you like it especially when comparing it to your last Ferds, if they have been 2015 + F150's.

JohnnyLogo

Reaction score
Congrats.. I was a long time F150 owner myself, and I agree its a good truck. But you are going enjoy the Ram for sure. I bought mine back in October and I wake up every morning looking forward to the drive to work..

Phil1

Reaction score
Well will be in a couple days. I bought my first Ram, 2021 Black Night Edition Laramie. I get to pick it up in a couple days. Pretty excited. I haven't been this excited about getting a new truck since god knows when. My last three trucks have been F-150's. The F-150's stopped exciting me a while ago, although I think they are good trucks, and I wouldn't discourage anyone from getting one. I opted for the 5.7, no Etorque, not that I have anything against Etorque, it's just not my thing.
Great having you here, hope to get a full report on your truck and how you like it especially when comparing it to your last Ferds, if they have been 2015 + F150's.
I got it yesterday. My past Fords were a 2012, 2015, and 2018. All XLT trims, one 5.4, two 2.7. The Ram I bought is a Laramie, so nicer trim. Comparing trucks, I have nothing bad to say about the Ford’s I have owned. They were all exactly what I paid for at the time. They didn’t really excite me like the new Ram does. The Ram has a much nicer interior, the ride is smoother, although the ride on the 2021 F-150 is better then the 2015-2020. The Ecoboost motors are clearly peppier then the Hemi. The Hemi is smoother, I like the feel of the Hemi, but the power of the Ecoboost. I personally prefer the looks of the Ram better, my preference. I hate the, “which truck is better argument”. It truly is personal preference. The truck that is best for me, isn’t the truck that might be best for others. Chevy, Ford, and Ram all make solid products today. I tell people to buy what fits your taste, needs, lifestyle, and also important, buy something that excites you, if you don’t love it, you will hate paying for it. Here’s mine, a little dirty as our weather sucked when I picked it up.

Attachments

• 38664B38-6E64-40D5-A758-5262603BBA1B.jpeg
    38664B38-6E64-40D5-A758-5262603BBA1B.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 24

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Great feedback. I’d take any of the newer 2020 and up models if you gave it to me.

RAM looks good, rides well and does the job quite nicely. As long as it lasts ok thats all that counts for me.

First world issues is mostly what everyone is upset about... “Ford- my cooled seats dont seem to work well enough.., RAM- my ac blend door isnt right...

JP_Night18

Reaction score
I got it yesterday. My past Fords were a 2012, 2015, and 2018. All XLT trims, one 5.4, two 2.7. The Ram I bought is a Laramie, so nicer trim. Comparing trucks, I have nothing bad to say about the Ford’s I have owned. They were all exactly what I paid for at the time. They didn’t really excite me like the new Ram does. The Ram has a much nicer interior, the ride is smoother, although the ride on the 2021 F-150 is better then the 2015-2020. The Ecoboost motors are clearly peppier then the Hemi. The Hemi is smoother, I like the feel of the Hemi, but the power of the Ecoboost. I personally prefer the looks of the Ram better, my preference. I hate the, “which truck is better argument”. It truly is personal preference. The truck that is best for me, isn’t the truck that might be best for others. Chevy, Ford, and Ram all make solid products today. I tell people to buy what fits your taste, needs, lifestyle, and also important, buy something that excites you, if you don’t love it, you will hate paying for it. Here’s mine, a little dirty as our weather sucked when I picked it up.
Such a nice truck! Congrats! I've been with ram my whole life. In 04 my dad bought a 05 slt in bright red. I now own a 18 night edition in flame red. A 4th gen model, but its still awesome! I love the new body style, but wasn't in the market for that price range. I think these "classic" ones are going for low right now. Thankfully i was able to snag one up.

Phil1

Reaction score
Such a nice truck! Congrats! I've been with ram my whole life. In 04 my dad bought a 05 slt in bright red. I now own a 18 night edition in flame red. A 4th gen model, but its still awesome! I love the new body style, but wasn't in the market for that price range. I think these "classic" ones are going for low right now. Thankfully i was able to snag one up.
Thank you, I really do love the truck. I'm hoping it brings many years of joy. I have a friend with a classic. Very nice truck.

Awood05

Reaction score
Congratulations and Welcome. I am a born and bred Ford guy. I recently bought my 2021 RAM Limited and am in LOVE with it. Is it perfect? No. But the Pros severely outweigh the Cons. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread