5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram owner

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
I am a lifelong GM customer and ever since the new Ram came out in 2019, i knew i was going to get one. I traded in my 2015 Duramax in for a beautiful white 2019 Big Horn/Lone Star 5.7 Hemi. This thing is stupid fast compared to the GM gasoline. Mods to be done are AMP steps, leveling kit, 285/65r18 Ridge Grapplers, limo tint all the way around, Mopar floor liners, rear wheel well liners. I am super impressed with this truck. Very first brand new truck and i never once set foot in the dealership, even to take possession of her!

CD4F8F4B-585B-4F64-B22D-C9188CC574DA.jpeg

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Those are all excellent choices that you are adding. Do you know which leveling kit you will going with ?

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on your new Ram. Enjoy! This is a great forum with lots of good information and fantastic members.

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Those are all excellent choices that you are adding. Do you know which leveling kit you will going with ?

thanks for the welcome guys!
im not real sure what level kit im going with. I am open to any and all suggestions and opinions.

JHRebel

Reaction score
thanks for the welcome guys!
im not real sure what level kit im going with. I am open to any and all suggestions and opinions.

Ready lift 2inch with UCAs, it’s a great setup and it’s high quality, also works well with the new tires you are going to slap on there.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Traded in a 19 DMax? That’s a big stepdown in power and towing ability. Why the change? (I’m no GM fan but most peeps buy a DMax to tow with.)

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
Traded in a 19 DMax? That’s a big stepdown in power and towing ability. Why the change? (I’m no GM fan but most peeps buy a DMax to tow with.)

it was a 2015. It is still u downgrade in power and towing but i no longer needed the towing and power capabilities. This Ram will do everything i need it to do. Went with 2wd because i am gonna be getting a 4x4 toyota or nissan hardbody for the running around, fishing/hunting, and work truck.

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
Ready lift 2inch with UCAs, it’s a great setup and it’s high quality, also works well with the new tires you are going to slap on there.
I have been eyeing that specific kit. Before my duramax i had a 2015 half ton sierra with the cst 4.5” lift on it. It was nice and looked good but i just really didnt like the lifted style as much as I thought i would.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
it was a 2015. It is still u downgrade in power and towing but i no longer needed the towing and power capabilities. This Ram will do everything i need it to do. Went with 2wd because i am gonna be getting a 4x4 toyota or nissan hardbody for the running around, fishing/hunting, and work truck.
Gpt it. Your original info said a 19 Dmax so I wondered.
Yes the RAM will certainly do what you need it to do, easily. Probably a nicer interior than the GM’s for 19’ as well.

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
Gpt it. Your original info said a 19 Dmax so I wondered.
Yes the RAM will certainly do what you need it to do, easily. Probably a nicer interior than the GM’s for 19’ as well.
Yessir. I got it edited! The interior is so much nicer than even the high country i had!

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Yessir. I got it edited! The interior is so much nicer than even the high country i had!
Thats why we bought, interior and ride were far away above Ford, never even looked at GM (well, a Tahoe but she thumbs down that quick due to the inside). Once she saw the RAM Ivory with the Indigo Frost Limited interior, I lost all negotiating power at the dealership. :unsure::whistle:

Patsy1099

Reaction score

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
I
Welcome and congrats. Get modding!

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf
i searched this and according to my insurance company i am not eligible. I must not be a member of any of their organizations or memberships.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
I

i searched this and according to my insurance company i am not eligible. I must not be a member of any of their organizations or memberships.

It doesn’t have to do with your insurance co and what you have. There are lots of sponsoring organizations that participate. Unfortunately there isn’t a master list. If you read through the thread, I know it’s long, you can see what people chose. You might even be able to choose Allstate, even though you don’t have them.

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
Nice looking truck! Congrats!
Thank you sir! Onto the modding list now. Window tint will be done this coming week.

It doesn’t have to do with your insurance co and what you have. There are lots of sponsoring organizations that participate. Unfortunately there isn’t a master list. If you read through the thread, I know it’s long, you can see what people chose. You might even be able to choose Allstate, even though you don’t have them.

i went through the allstate website and got it submitted. Now we wait. Nothing like some free money to put towards the new ride!

Users who are viewing this thread