5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram Owner, question about LED headlights

ero2

Reaction score
I really would like LEDs from the factory as to not have to mess with fuses, patching, etc. I am looking at THIS truck, and love everything about it but the headlights. THIS truck indicates it has LED bulbs in the reflector headlamp, correct? Then there's one more level from RAM directly that is like THIS is that correct?

Any thoughts between all of them? The feature set on the first one is perfect for me, beyond wanting the better headlights, to be honest.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 2 LED trucks you have linked are the same headlights. The "better" LED lights are the slimmer units on the Longhorn & Limited-
image-1.jpg

Thes Longhorn/Limited LEDs are adaptive, but I couldn't say if one LED unit is any better than another. Haven't used them personally.

ero2

Reaction score
The 2 LED trucks you have linked are the same headlights. The "better" LED lights are the slimmer units on the Longhorn & Limited-
image-1.jpg

Thes Longhorn/Limited LEDs are adaptive, but I couldn't say if one LED unit is any better than another. Haven't used them personally.

Oh yeah, I linked the wrong one last. The limited/longhorn are out of my price range, and it looks like it bumps me about 2k to get the truck with LED Reflector headlamps. Just curious if that's worth the jump?

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally I like the LED for looks if nothing else. I have the standard halogen lights and they illuminate the road ok I guess. I don't like the way they look, but this is the one I got a good deal on so that's what I got.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I linked the wrong one last. The limited/longhorn are out of my price range, and it looks like it bumps me about 2k to get the truck with LED Reflector headlamps. Just curious if that's worth the jump?
For me it was a little less than a grand for the Bighorn upgrade. Well worth it to my old eyeballs - big difference to my other vehicles. The day you are born the eyes start to diminish to light. Figure form and function 500 a piece if that helps people rationalize the upgrade.:)

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my bighorn with the factory mid-level led (reflector style) are the best headlights I've had in a vehicle. I haven't driven a longhorn / limited, but I'm very happy I have the mid level led's in mine.

79 300

Reaction score
The first truck (the black one) has the standard lights. The second and third ones have the LED lights. They have the strip along the bottom that changes from white to amber with the flashers and turn signals. Look at the window stickers. The $995 premium lighting group is on the ones with the LED's.
There are black or chrome housings for either type of lights as well.

ak_andy

Reaction score
Honestly the halogens are okay at best. They also make the truck look out dated. You can buy LED headlights (bulbs) from where ever and it'll be a less expensive fix OR you can do what i'm doing and bite the bullet and spend the money to get what you want. The premium light package (reflector LEDs) costs $995 from the dealer or you can spend $1300 for the wiring harness and LED headlamp assemblies like I did. The only reason i went this route is because I purchased a Dealer Demo Truck for around 10k off of the MSRP. SOOOOOO in the end i suggest just going for the Premium LED package.

Users who are viewing this thread