5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram owner from San Diego

Ramulicious

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the ram family. Always had Toyotas and love em but always had an eye on the rams. Gotta say my new to me 21 1500 Laramie is super comfy and smooth! So far I love it! Hopefully she will treat me well.

Attachments

• Attachment.jpeg
    Attachment.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 50

1923bob

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the ram family. Always had Toyotas and love em but always had an eye on the rams. Gotta say my new to me 21 1500 Laramie is super comfy and smooth! So far I love it! Hopefully she will treat me well.
How is that Ram treating you so far ? Good to have another San Diego Ram !!!!!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome. I remembered when mines looked like that lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
you did not post how many miles are on your truck
please have it checked over at a ram dealer of your choice as several have posted here and on the TRX forum that after buying from a non ram dealer there were modifications that have voided the warranty.
because it looks like from your picture you got yours from a toyata dealer.
just an fyi

Ramulicious

Reaction score
How is that Ram treating you so far ? Good to have another San Diego Ram !!!!!
Hey guys sorry been hectic and unfortunately the Ram is in the dealer. Last weeks hard rain got me and water got thru the rear glass and took out the RF module. I was driving on the freeway on the fast lane and the car just died……no wipers during the hard rain, no power, no lights. There was no shoulder to my right so I had to dangerously make my way all the way to the right to a safe shoulder almost getting hit 2 times. Turn ignition off and started up right away and just dies after 10 secs of idle. Got towed and diagnosed, I’m one of the unfortunate ones that got that damn rear window water leak that’s found online. Sucks since I just bought this thing. Cars down waiting for insurance and it continues to rain and water go in the car 😢 😠

Ramulicious

Reaction score
you did not post how many miles are on your truck
please have it checked over at a ram dealer of your choice as several have posted here and on the TRX forum that after buying from a non ram dealer there were modifications that have voided the warranty.
because it looks like from your picture you got yours from a toyata dealer.
just an fyi
Hey you’re right…. She’s got 49k. Well it’s in the dealer now 😂 so I’ll for sure have her checked. Thanks for the advise!

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry been hectic and unfortunately the Ram is in the dealer. Last weeks hard rain got me and water got thru the rear glass and took out the RF module. I was driving on the freeway on the fast lane and the car just died……no wipers during the hard rain, no power, no lights. There was no shoulder to my right so I had to dangerously make my way all the way to the right to a safe shoulder almost getting hit 2 times. Turn ignition off and started up right away and just dies after 10 secs of idle. Got towed and diagnosed, I’m one of the unfortunate ones that got that damn rear window water leak that’s found online. Sucks since I just bought this thing. Cars down waiting for insurance and it continues to rain and water go in the car 😢 😠
Just want to make sure u have seen the TSB and thread regarding the issue..

1923bob

Reaction score
That's a bummer hope you didn't go to the dealer in Poway Pedder .

1923bob

Reaction score
No rain today so I updated the Tazer and put it back in the truck

Attachments

• IMG_0139.PNG
    IMG_0139.PNG
    816.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0140.PNG
    IMG_0140.PNG
    922.4 KB · Views: 10

Ramulicious

Reaction score
It has to be better than Pedder in Poway.
I don’t know…. They did a poor diagnosis. They said the carpet is only damp….. I didn’t trust them so I went there myself. The water went Al the way to the passenger front floor which they never check and there f’n mold under passenger side seat! Insurance is being a pain and want to only detail it. I said NO if there’s mold on top on the carpet what’s the foam underneath look. So I’m fighting back n forth with them now. This is ridiculous!!!!

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know…. They did a poor diagnosis. They said the carpet is only damp….. I didn’t trust them so I went there myself. The water went Al the way to the passenger front floor which they never check and there f’n mold under passenger side seat! Insurance is being a pain and want to only detail it. I said NO if there’s mold on top on the carpet what’s the foam underneath look. So I’m fighting back n forth with them now. This is ridiculous!!!!
Welcome to Ram! Very sorry to hear you've had the dreaded water leak issue, I wish you the best in getting it resolved.
FWIW, I can attest that not all Rams are like yours. My 2020 has only been to the dealer once, for an oil change, never once had a single warranty issue in four years. Low miles, but absolutely no issues with anything.
Best of luck!

Ramulicious

Reaction score
Welcome to Ram! Very sorry to hear you've had the dreaded water leak issue, I wish you the best in getting it resolved.
FWIW, I can attest that not all Rams are like yours. My 2020 has only been to the dealer once, for an oil change, never once had a single warranty issue in four years. Low miles, but absolutely no issues with anything.
Best of luck!

Thank you so much! I hope so too, hope this is the last 😂.

Users who are viewing this thread