5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram in Indiana

JV77

Reaction score
Hello All, I recently took delivery of my first Ram after an 05 Avalanche (great until the tranny went out at 130,000 miles) and 09 Tahoe (not a fan, not functional at all). I have had the Ram for 2 weeks today and overall love it. I have been lurking on the forums for a few months now while doing my research. I had full intentions of going with a fully loaded Laramie with sport appearance package or would have gone with a Rebel 12 when that package was finally announced, but circumstances have required I get a 40/20/40 front seat, so a lot of chrome it is :(. I had to have the sixth seat as apparently it is frowned upon to put 4 kids in the back seat;) I ended up finding a truck a few states away that my local dealer was able to get for me that had almost all of my wants, and only one dislike (chrome appearance package). All in all, the chrome doesn't look bad with the black paint, but over time I may remove the chrome one piece at a time.

At just under 1,000 miles the only complaint I have is some excessive road noise coming from the back. I say excessive, because the rest of the cabin seems so quiet, but the noise is still much lower than the Tahoe I was driving. I have been following a couple threads on this and will probably open up the back to see if one of the temp fixes works for me.

Attachments

• IMG_7029.jpg
    IMG_7029.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great-looking truck! Perfect vehicle for a true heartland-of-America state like Indiana.

Can you put the build date in your signature?

JV77

Reaction score
Absolutely, I forgot to add that. Build Date is 10/12/18.

Users who are viewing this thread