5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram Guy, New Here

dpregs

Reaction score
Hey all,
After lurking about the site for months researching a new truck and looking up ideas I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a new truck and registered here. I ordered a new 2020 Rebel and just got it in. We, the truck and I, are in CT.

I had the unfortunate ability to trade in my Dad's GMC after he passed and it allowed me to upgrade my 10 year old F150 to the new Rebel. After tons of research and configurations I finally settled and ordered back in October. It came in right before thanksgiving.

I got:
Granite Crystal w/2 tone black
5.7 No E-Torq (just missed diesel, might have gone with it)
3.92 rear obviously
Rebel 12 package
Level 2 equip
Air ride
Cargo package
Sunroof
Red interior
(essentially everything, I know I went big)
Power side steps

What I didn't get and it pisses me off is a package that included memory seats. I didn't, and still don't, see that package on the configurator, and the salesman never mentioned it. He let me do all the work, I was not happy with my experience.

anyways, here it is:
rebel.jpg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, hopefully he did not suffer. As far as the memory seating, I didn’t think the Rebel offered that option.

drstein

Reaction score
Where in Ct might you be ?? What dealer ??

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hey all,
After lurking about the site for months researching a new truck and looking up ideas I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a new truck and registered here. I ordered a new 2020 Rebel and just got it in. We, the truck and I, are in CT.

I had the unfortunate ability to trade in my Dad's GMC after he passed and it allowed me to upgrade my 10 year old F150 to the new Rebel. After tons of research and configurations I finally settled and ordered back in October. It came in right before thanksgiving.

I got:
Granite Crystal w/2 tone black
5.7 No E-Torq (just missed diesel, might have gone with it)
3.92 rear obviously
Rebel 12 package
Level 2 equip
Air ride
Cargo package
Sunroof
Red interior
(essentially everything, I know I went big)
Power side steps

What I didn't get and it pisses me off is a package that included memory seats. I didn't, and still don't, see that package on the configurator, and the salesman never mentioned it. He let me do all the work, I was not happy with my experience.

anyways, here it is:
View attachment 41124
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your dad.
Great looking rig. When you have a chance, please add your truck's vitals to your signature.

Cheers,

dpregs

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, hopefully he did not suffer. As far as the memory seating, I didn’t think the Rebel offered that option.
Thank you. Yeah, I don't see the option on the configurator, but when I was in the truck I realized I didn't have the Ram Charger and asked about it. The salesman went to check with his manager and he came back with a printout that showed I didn't order the package that included the Ram Charger, Memory seats, and Heated rear seats (and something else I don't recall). So frustrating.
Where in Ct might you be ?? What dealer ??
I'd rather not say it in open, not sure if that is frowned upon here. But in short, I do LOTS of homework before buying anything. I had been to a few dealers shopping around and trying to get the best price for my trade in. So, I went to the dealer and they had to really do nothing, and that is how they treated it. I didn't need a test drive, I didn't need to look at any other trims. But, I would expect any salesman to go through my order request and double check everything and offer options that I didn't include. Additionally, I had added a remote start to the order, but it was part of another package. They didn't catch that and were going to order with it and charge the extra cash, I had to find that option was redundant.
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your dad.
Great looking rig. When you have a chance, please add your truck's vitals to your signature.

Cheers,
Thank you, I will add asap.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread